39: Letting Go

Drew's POV:

I made my way to the kitchen. A stupid smile on my face. I even felt like singing but I stopped myself.

As I saw the front door I instantly tensed up.

She tried to leave me just an hour ago. My princess was trying to escape this prison.

I know very much how this house can feel like a prison. I wish things had been different. I wish I could've met her under different circumstances.

Thinking about the night I took her I realize I could've done it differently. I know she can't remember what happened the night I took her or else she would've never fallen for me.

Just on the night I kidnapped her I could tell she was different. But she just had to be that motherfûcker's daughter.

But she doesn't deserve this. To be here. Suffering while the one that deserves it is out there still running his business. It doesn't even seem like he's trying hard to find her.

The only reason the cops are actually looking for me is because of the person I killed that night. Or else they would've given up.

At this point they're just looking for a body, her body.

Oh, the irony. She deserves better than me.

I really love her, but keeping her here won't let her grow into the queen she was meant to be.

I can't believe I'm actually thinking about letting her go right now.

I'll leave it up to her.

I began making her favorite, lasagna.

"She deserves better," I continuously repeated under my breath. She deserves a better life. Better lover. Better home. Better everything.

How the fûck did I end up here? Wrapped around her little finger.

I hate it but I wouldn't change it for the world. If I had to fall in love with anybody, I'd choose her a million times over.

Would she choose me?

I shook my head, that doesn't matter. I'm letting her go. It doesn't matter whether she would choose me or not.

I'm a man with mommy issues.

Once I let her go, I'll actually going to do something to avenge my mother.

But I have to tell her why I loathe her father. She has to know why, it's only fair.

If I don't tell her, Cole eventually will.

Holy shït, Cole.

Forgot about that fûcker. How will he react to this?

I shook my head again, I knew under normal circumstances I wouldn't care, I would just say, he has to deal with it.

But I'm just trying to make myself change my mind or at least doubt my decision.

I'll tell her soon, I promise myself in my head.

Or...?

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

I left his thought unfinished because I want to surprise you guys with what he actually does.😂

His mind is just a jumbled mess. This girl really has him whipped.

I've been wanting to rewrite old chapter's in his POV so y'all would understand why he did certain things...but I dunno