59: Police

Present Day

"What are your plans for the rest of the day?" Cole asks me as he drives me back home after taking me to visit my father again.

"Clean up around the house. I just want a day off so cleaning sounds nice." I tell him with as much emotion as I can. Truth was I always felt a little drained after visiting the cemetery.

That's why I only go once a week and Cole accompanies me every other week.

"Alright, good." It seemed a little weird that he would ask this but I didn't care. I couldn't stop replaying a memory of my dad in my head.

"We're here, Alayna." He spoke softly breaking me out of my thoughts. I smiled at him.

"I'm sorry, it's just today's the twentieth month. You know how I get every time it's another month." Cole nods knowing I grow distant every month on the same day.

I get out of the car and make my way up my steps. I have two guards at home to help Ron feel safe though he thinks it makes me feel safe, since they've never caught the person that kidnapped me.

I smiled at the guard in front of my door.

"Hello, Reyes." He tipped his head forward in acknowledgment.

"Good afternoon, Miss Collins." He opened my door and resumed back to his little professional stand.

"Honey!" I hear Ron call as he nearly runs from the kitchen.

"Yes?" He seems rather happy today.

"I've got news!" I nodded my head to let him know to continue. "I received a call from the police station and they think they might've caught the guy!"

My breath got caught in My throat and I started choking.

Ron ran to my side and patted my back.

"W-what? Are you sure?" Ron nods his head.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Alayna. I didn't even think about how this might make you feel that way. I was just so excited that you may no longer have to live in fear."

Yeah I do feel that way but not for reasons you think, Ron.

"Since you're free today, I told them you can come down. The sooner the better right?" He spoke while stroking my cheek.

I nodded my head, he was right.

I have to just rip it off like a bandaid.

I mean, he had to be caught at some point. I just didn't think it'd be so soon.

"I'll have Reyes take me." I smiled as reassuringly as I could. Truth was I wasn't ready to face Drew.

Oh wow...I haven't said his name in over a year.

Drew.

Snap out of it, Alayna! You're about to send the only man you've ever loved to prison! Wait no, that's not true I love Ron.

"Miss, we're here." I don't even remember stepping into the car and now Reyes is standing outside with my car door open.

"Time to face the music, huh." I looked at the police station building nervously.

Walking in there will probably change my life and his.

"Just gotta rip the bandaid off." Reyes stood next to me watching as I tried without really trying to walk towards the building.

"Yeah...going to get some justice..."

"Miss, are you okay? Do you need me to take you somewhere else?" I shook my head no.

Trying to not think about it as a life changing decision I walked slowly then quickly to the front door.

I sighed.

"Jesus take the wheel." I mumbled while opening the door.

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

You probably can't tell but under all that fear she's excited to see Drew again since it's been two years.

Like I said last chapter, updates will be less frequent. I wrote this before I started school.

Also, is there any other flashback scene ya'll want during the two years that passed! If so comment what on this paragraph!! 

QOC: Favorite Dessert?