5: Sight

I've stopped counting days ever since my last encounter with it. I've been eating more because the food started tasting better. Not because I was getting used to it but because there was something different.

It must've gone grocery shopping for new food with the money it got from my ransom.

I was relieved that after it arrived I was still not put back onto the handcuffs. Almost as if it trusted me a bit more.

It also hasn't said anything about my loyalty to it, by that I mean, not taking off the blindfold and not trying to escape. I can't help but hope that it feels pleased with this knowledge.

By now I've realized it's got surveillance cameras set up around here. At places too high for me to reach seeing as I've covered almost every inch of this room. Well the walls only. I stayed away from the floors seeing as there could be rats or roaches there. I hadn't heard them in a while though.

I'm not really a big fan of those.

As I finished my food I heard the sound of the lock turning and quickly sat up straight.

I swallowed whatever I had in my mouth and set the tray aside.

"Rise and shine," Again it's monotone voice filled my ears. I hated it, so very much.

I sat patiently waiting for it to get closer or to start speaking again. I was of course scared of it but by this point I kinda knew what not to do to stop from upsetting it.

It then did something I never thought it would do. It reached for my head. I mean, it isn't the first time its done this, it just is the first time it wasn't just to yank me by the hair.

It's hands almost cradled my head.

What the hell was going on right now?

"No need for this anymore." It proceeded to surprise me by nearly ripping off the blindfold and doing the same to the duck tape.

Holy--what's going on?

Does this mean it's going to kill me now?

Once the duck tape was off my face I harshly winced. It burned so, so badly. I wanted to scream but instead bit my lower lip so hard that it bled into my mouth.

It was then, in that moment, that I was able to open my eyes for the first time in probably two months.

And I didn't like what I saw.

-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;