37: Leave

"I just wanted to ask you a few questions." I spoke up.

"Like what?" Drew looks wary, as if he knows where I'm going with this.

"Well, where does Cole work?" Drew doesn't give anything away.

"I can't say. All I can say, is knowing too much can get you killed." I nod my head slowly.

"How many languages does Cole know?"

"Four. English, French, Italian, and Spanish." Wow, that's a lot.

"My turn." Doesn't he already know a lot about me...

"Do you have a boyfriend?" I wasn't sure if he meant before I was taken or...if it was a trick question to define what we are.

"No, there was a guy I liked, he had asked me out...before everything happened." I don't even dare look at Drew.

"Okay, well forget about him." He spits out.

"Why did you take me?" I now say angry.

"You don't need to know." He tries to push the subject aside.

"Yes! Yes I do, actually." If he really thinks I'll be with him without him being honest then he's far gone.

"No." Now I look at him like he's crazy, did he really just say, no?

Nuh uh.

"Then I can't do this." His eyes widen.

"What can't you do? Us?" He speaks through clenched teeth.

"Exactly. If you're not going to be honest, then fućk you!" I begin to walk out of his room.

"No, you don't get to just walk away from me like that!"

"It's not like I can really go anywhere now can I?! I'm still your fûcking prisoner." He looks as if he's been slapped.

"I-I'm sorry." Is all he says before I continue walking out of his room, and this time I'm the one to slam the door.

"What a fûcking aśshole." I mumble to myself. Once I get to my room, I do something I haven't done while I was here. I jump face first onto  my bed and scream into my pillow.

I was throwing a tantrum as if I was back home and not trapped inside this stupid house.

Wait.

My door isn't locked. Drew is in his room.

Now is my chance to try and escape. I go to the closet and look for the clothes I wore when I was taken.

They're in the very back. They are much dirtier than I remember. I leave them there instead of changing into them and move as quickly and quietly as I can to the front door.

I stand right in front of it. It's unlocked. Cole must've forgotten to lock it after he left in a hurry.

I reach for the handle and pull it open. My eyes begin watering as I look at the outside world. It's so beautiful. There's no close neighbors so I can't run to their house and beg for help.

Just as I am about to take my first step out I realize I can't move. Not literally of course. But my mind just can't seem to be able to tell my body to move.

"What are you doing?" Drew speaks behind me. I close the door but continue facing it. I don't want to see his face right now.

"Were you trying to leave me!" Does this mean I've broken his trust?

"Answer me!" He says after a minute of my silence and his ragged breathing.

I nod.

"Go back to your room, before I completely lose it." I turn around and walk around him.

Fûck, freedom was so close! I could've been gone had he not shown up.

Somehow I knew I was lying to myself, I couldn't move for a reason, why?

Just then I hear something smash against the wall.

I lay on my bed and stare at the ceiling while I cover my ears to muffle the sounds from the kitchen and living room.

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

What even is this chapter...?

I'm so confused with where I took it.

Now I kinda know how I can end it though :) if that changes I may have to rewrite this chapter. 🤔

How's your day?