36: Drink

"Why...how?" Cole continues to look between us.

"It just happened." Drew spoke up first.

Cole shook his head.

"Things don't just happen." He seems to think about it before he snaps his fingers as if he's solved the case.

"Stockholm syndrome, it can't be anything else." I open my mouth to object but nothing comes out. I close it.

Is it Stockholm Syndrome? It would make sense. Especially since I've been kidnapped for almost half a year...

Drew turns to look at me after my long silence. As soon as he sees my face his falls. He looks heartbroken.

Oh no. Did I make him so sad with just a look? How much control do I have over him?

"I-" I want to lie and say it's not it but I don't know for sure. "Why can't you just be happy for us?" I say instead.

Drew seems to look as if I've just slapped him across the face.

"You're both related to me! You're like second cousins only siblings!" How does that even-- I take a deep breath.

"We're not related in any way. And Drew won't get in the way of us getting to know each other, if that's what you're worried about." Cole seems to have nothing to say afterward. I think I've nailed it.

He was so mad because he thought Drew would steal me away from him.

"Alright." He mumbles.

I smile at him. The entire time this is happening I can feel Drew's stare.

"We can start right now! We can play some getting to know each other game!" I reach for Cole's hand and tug him towards the living room.

Drew instead walks away and moments later I hear his door slam.

"Whatever question you ask me, I'll answer but you'll have to do the same and vice versa." Cole nods his head at me.

"Okay I'll go--" Cole was cut off by his phone ringing.

He took it out and looked at the caller ID, cussing softly under his breath.

"First question, do you know any language besides English?" He doesn't even look up when speaking.

"No, well I'm learning Spanish in school." He nods before answering his phone.

"Ciao," that's the only word I understood from his entire angry conversation.

Just a minute later he was up and excusing himself for work.

Once he had left I figured I should go check on Drew. He did slam his door after all.

I tiptoe to his door in order to catch him by surprise. I hear nothing so I open the door softly.

As soon as I open it I'm surprised but what I see in front of me.

He's sitting on the foot of his bed staring at a bottle of vodka.

"Drew?" I croak out. His intense stare at the bottle has me worrying.

"You know," he starts off and looks up at me. Still holding the same facial expression as he did in the kitchen. "I haven't drank in a month. I'm not an alcoholic but I did drink a lot. At some point I stopped finding a reason to come back to it every night after I left you in your room."

He looks back down at the bottle as if fighting an internal battle.

I make my way over to him.

"Look at me, Drew." He shakes his head but I'm not letting him get away with it.

I kneel down in front of him and grab his face in both my hands.

"I. Am. Crazy. About. You. Okay?" He stares at me and blinks but doesn't respond.

"You better believe me, or so help me God I will beat your ass until you say you do." His eyes widened at my threat.

"How hard?" His lips start to turn upwards.

"Very hard. Two words, black and blue."

"That's three." He chuckles. I slap his arm lightly.

"You don't count the and!" He rolled his eyes back at me.

"Even though I already said it early...and I've made it obvious...I'm crazy for you."

And don't I know it.

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

Wow what if I ended the story here? It ends cute but with so many unanswered questions.
:(:

This update is long over due sorry, I don't know if I'll be able to upload weekly because this semester is going to be hectic.

However, voting and commenting will motivate me to write because then I know someone is actually reading this. ❤