44: The Truth

Drew's POV

"It's not a simple answer. I have to start from the beginning." She nodded at me to proceed.

"You already know my mother and your father had something." I tried my best to not get angry like I usually do, I tried clenching my fists and my jaw.

"He promised her the world. The whole time he was cheating on your mom and mine. She fell for him. Crazily, naively, and stupidly in love. My mother didn't have the best life so he was her lifeline." I couldn't help spitting out every damn word.

"When my mom got knocked up, with our brother she was thrilled. She already had me from a past asśhole in case you didn't already realize that. She thought this way her and him would be together forever and we'd all be a happy damn family."

I hated the part coming up more than anything.

"She went over to his place to tell him the marvelous news." I said sarcastically. "Your father had fallen for one of his girlfriends. But it wasn't my mother, it was yours. My mom caught him with your mother."

I tried gauging her reaction but she showed nothing and said nothing.

"She immediately broke down. He screamed at her and spat insults at her without even getting out of bed. Your mom just laid watching the whole thing. My mom told him she was pregnant and he refused to believe it was his. He accused her of being a whøre. Just because she already had me.

"The asshole knew I was conceived by mistake. My mom had been raped and I was the product of it. He knew that and he knew how much it hurt her and he used his words to completely tear her down." I felt my legs bouncing up and down. I felt adrenaline coursing through me as the want for physical release called out my name.

I really wanted to punch something.

"So...that's why?" Her soft voice hushed the voices in my head.

"No, my mom came home that day. She was devastated. She tried to kill herself, in front of me. I stopped her. She cried and cried and told me the story. I was six."

She watched me and when I couldn't speak the next words she sat closer to me and placed her hand on my shoulder. Just her touch was enough to soothe me and reassure me.

"Eight months later, Cole was born. Your father never spoke to my mom again. She tried to get in touch with him. But he didn't want anything to do with my mom. My mom tried her hardest to not let the depression take over her. But when she found out two years later that he had another child and with the woman my mom found him in bed with...she snapped."

I closed my eyes. I didn't want to say it but I had to. This was the only way she'd understand.

"I came home early that day. And I walked into her room just in time to see her pull the trigger."

Her light touch on me turned into a soft grip.

Before I knew it she wrapped me in her arms. Before I knew it, i let myself cry. Before I knew it, i let myself be weak. For her.

-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

So...did you expect this?

Does this make you understand him better? Do you wanna hold him as much as I do?

How do you think she'll react?