4: Trapped

Day 25?

It hadn't come into the room for what felt like forever. The only way I could really be sure of the days was when it came in and fed me. But a few days ago it told me that it was going to be gone for a while. I recalled the memory again to see if maybe this time I can get a clue to where exactly it left to.

"I'll be leaving for a few days, maybe weeks." I wanted to scream, how would I eat now?!

"How will I eat?" My voice was barely above a whisper.

"Damn how much more selfish can you get?" It snarled at me. I don't know how but I instantly felt guilty for thinking of myself.

How did it make me do that?

"I'm leaving you food here, enough to last for a week. You should eat very small portions if you plan to stay alive while I'm gone." It said and then all of a sudden, I heard it approach me. I quickly became terrified.

What would it do?

"If you try to escape I will know. The same punishment stands, just know that even if I'm not here doesn't mean that you'll be alone. It's quite the opposite." Although it was the one that did all the talking this was the most that it had ever talked to me.

I was surprised beyond words.

If it wasn't going to leave me alone then that meant others knew of me being kept here and were okay with it.

It's accomplices most likely.

All of a sudden I felt a tug on my hand. The one that was currently handcuffed.

I began to shake in fear. I could almost see the scowl of disgust on this person's face.

No-not person. Beast, a monster! No being would do this. This thing cares for nothing and nobody. It lost it's hospitality long ago.

Then I heard the cuff unlock and suddenly it was off. I was so close to crying in relief. I was sure my wrist was bruised by now.

Then after doing so, it left.

And it's been gone ever since. Not once has someone entered this room. Not once have I attempted to take my blindfold off. Not once did I try to escape.

I knew better than to do that by now. It would only mean pain for me in the end.

Or most likely, death.

What I did do was wander the room. When I did so I realized this room was much bigger than I assumed it to be.

However, the walls were made of what felt like stone. They were always cool. They weren't even and I never received a splinter from them.

I ran my hands across the walls everyday, and sometimes night to get a feel and memorize this room.

I didn't know how long it was truly gone for until it finally returned.

One month. It was gone for an entire month.

"Good news." Was the first thing it told me.

"Your father has agreed to pay." I almost cried right then and there out of happiness.

That must mean that it'll let me go soon.

Then I heard something that made this nightmare a living hell.

"Oh, did I say good news. I meant it's good news for me but not for you. I'm keeping you here. Money is not enough for your father to pay for what he did." Then it laughed an empty and hollow laugh before leaving me to cry.

Cry my heart out because I knew then that I'd never leave this hell hole.

It'd never let me.

-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;