49: Pizza

A week has passed and now we're all settled in.

It turns out the tutor my father wanted for me was, Ron.

I really appreciated it but, learning was the last thing on my mind. I constantly checked up on the news and with my dad to see if there was any new leads, but nothing.

I was happy about it...in a way. I also hated myself in a way. I was helping the man that kidnapped me for most of my senior year.

I was helping the man I fell in love with for all the wrong reasons that felt right at the time. But it's like whenever I thought of him I couldn't think clearly. It was like there was always a fog and I was plagued with tunnel vision.

Even though I did fall in love with him...these past two weeks have given me time to think about everything that happened in those long months. Starting from the first day I was there to the last night.

I tried to think about an exact moment when I fell for him, but like I said, it was always a fog with him.

It could've happened the night he saved me from those two men or the day he fed me real food or the day he let me finally shower.

I wasn't sure, all I knew was I had to keep him safe.

"Earth to--"

"Oh sorry. I'm here." I looked to Ron to see him looking at me worriedly.

"They really did a number on you..." he mumbled out loud.

"What was the question?" I cleared My throat and tried to sound as normal as I could. I tried to sound like the girl I used to be before everything happened.

"What was watergate about?" Just then the doorbell rang and I thanked the heavens because I had not heard a single thing he had said the past hour.

"I'll get it." I made my way out of the study room to the front door.

When my dad said we moved...he meant he bought a huge house that was too big for the three of us.

I kept getting lost because there was five bedrooms and extra rooms like a study room.

I much preferred our old home. I never got lost there.

I reached for the doorknob and made sure to take the money out of my pocket at the same time since I knew it was the pizza guy.

"Hi--" my smile fell as soon as I opened the door.

"Cole," I stepped outside and closed the door behind me. "What are you doing here?" I whisper-yelled at him.

"I was actually wondering the same thing, sis." Oh god, did Drew not tell him?

"Oh and here are your pizzas. By the way, pineapple on pizza is satanic."

He extended the two pizza boxes towards me as if there wasn't any security guards or cameras.

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-:-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

I leave in a few days ahhhh

Also I actually have one more update before I leave on July 1