seventeen

lady in the sun part II

Even though Sunny hadn't answered it, they both knew the answer. Even though there was complete silence, the truth was eating her alive. The questions where eating Cher alive.

"Do you want to save your friend?" Sunny asks, her ignoring the question.

"Why?" Cher asks, completely ignoring, Sunny's question. "Why, now?"

Sunny bits her lips.

"Why now? Why come to me now?" Cher repeats.

"That's not the problem right now." Sunny tells her.

"Not the problem right now?" Cher echoes. Anger bubbled in her. "You leave me alone for all my life and then pop back in, and say that's not the problem right now?"

"Do you want to save Jack or not?" Sunny asks, calmly.

Cher couldn't believe it, "why ask me now? I don't care about him anymore. He left me. Maybe if you asked earlier I might have. But now? I don't care."

Anger, fury and guilt bubbled inside her.

Anger at him for leaving her, alone.

Fury because of her so called mother.

Guilt because of what she did to cause him to leave her.

After months bottling her emotions, the sudden fury she felt broke her bottle. And here she was lashing it at Sunny. It made her feel better. She was probably going to regret it later, but it didn't matter. The future didn't matter to Cher. Right now did.

"You leave me alone, you leave dad alone. And now you come? Because of him? And why now? Why care about him now?" Cher continues to yell. Sunny just looked at her calmly, making the anger and fury to bubble even more. The guilt slowly dying away. "Why now?"

Cher stares at her mother, waiting for her answer. But she gets none. The anger and fury slowly bubble out the guilt.

"Don't come to me again. Don't ever come to me again." Cher says, angry flooding her veins.

Sunny studies her for a moment, "just call for me when you want to help him."

author's note:
yes it's another update in a short span of time. i have everything outlined, meaning i can (finally) have scheduled updates. hopefully i can stick to it, my main problem would most likely be forgetting.

anyway, i'm thinking around 3-4 updates a week? monday, thursday and sunday will for the for sure days for an update, but i might add another update in there every so often. so cross your fingers and hope that i remember!!

but thank you to those who sticked around regardless of the lack of updates, i really appericate it!!

so vote, comment and follow?