fifty-seven

she would never change

When he first saw her come in she was shaking, trembling so badly it reminded him of when he first saw her. How she was so afraid, even the horses were excited at this. He had never met anyone who had so much fear in them as her.

Even now when she faced her, ignoring her brother's pleas, she was shaking. It excited him to no end. It excited the horses to no end.

"Have you made your decision yet?" he asked.

He could predict how she would act. There was no doubt she would pick the simple choices he had given her. After all she was a damsel, someone who didn't save the world, she was the type that needed saving.

Who would she pick? The boy she loved? Or the her brother? He should've done this earlier, she knew choosing one over another would break her. But regardless of the choice, he knew who she would pick, the girl was nothing like Sunny.

She would pick her brother. The blonde girl might share the sun's looks, but she was nothing like the sun. Whereas the sun would pick the boy over family- not for love, but for the Guardians' sake. The girl however would pick her family, until the end.

The thing was that he loved it. Loved how easily predictable the girl made herself be. No matter how many times he taunt her with black sand, he knew how she would react. What she would pick. The girl, she would never change. No matter how hard she tired.

"I pick your third option."

But rage does a funny thing to people. Especially when it's built up for a while. Pitch Black might learn that the hard way.