twenty

forgotten memories II

It was easy to forget. It was also easy to remember bits and pieces. But it was hard to remember everything.

Jack knew this.

He couldn't remember much about what had happened before July. But he could remember bits and pieces.

Like a happy, fat man in red and white. A freakishly, huge kangaroo (or bunny, he couldn't tell which one it was). The Tooth Fairy (maybe?), and a man of sand.

But one memory that haunted him was a girl. A girl with long, blonde hair and sky, blue eyes that matched the sky on a nice, sunny, day. Jack couldn't remember anything else about the girl.

Another memory that haunted him was a house. A large two story house. In the memory he went to the house and touched the window, making frost appear on the glass. Frost without black sand. In the memory was that girl. The girl with sky, blue eyes. The girl who haunted his forgotten memories.

So Jack decided to find the house. It was hard but if it helped him piece together his memories.

He didn't tell Pitch about the girl, or the house, or those other people who haunted his dreams. Maybe he should've. But something told him not too.

It took time finding the house in his dreams, but he found it. Finding the house told him that he wasn't going crazy. He looked at the house carefully.

Hoping something else would make sense. Hoping to find out more.

"Chase! Have you been in my room?" a voice yells through inside the house.

"No I haven't!" another voice yells.

Jack peers into a window, seeing a flash of familiar blonde hair. His staff touches the window accidentally, frost appearing on the glass.

But it wasn't like all those times before. Something was different. There was no black sand mixed with the frost. It was just pure frost.

author's note:
doing a scheduled updates makes me feel so accomplished, because i never thought i could ever achieve this. i feel so proud of myself! hopefully you enjoyed the new chapter!

vote, comment, follow?