fifty-two

this is a flashback on cher and sunny's convo. enjoy!

nightmare sand ii

Sunny frowns as she stares at nothing, "your brother."

"What about Chase?" Cher asks, slightly confused. Why was her brother a topic? Did he have strange abilities? And what about the nightmare sand?

"He's gone," Sunny whispers. "Pitch took him."

Cher freezes, her mind flipping through countless of reasons. Had Pitch noticed Jack had been visiting her? Was this a way to get back at Cher? Her fear was slowly turning to rage. Taking her was one thing, but Chase? When she got her hands on-

"You can't go," Sunny tells her.

Cher narrows her eyes, "I don't care what you want."

"I'm your mother-" Sunny starts off, her voice cold, and commanding.

"So what? My step-mother's more a mom than you ever where. Chase is my brother, and if you think I'm going to let Pitch Black take him, and do nothing about it, you're wrong," Cher snaps.

"Your powers aren't powerful enough to stop him."

"I don't care."

Cher turns around and walks off, walking towards her house. She was hoping, wishing, that Sunny was wrong.

"The nightmare sand, it's making you like him," Sunny answers.

Cher stops, "what?"

"The nightmare sand, all of it didn't leave your body. Soon it give you the ability to give nightmares to people," Sunny explains. "This is why your powers over fire haven't reached it's potential. The nightmare sand is conflicting with it."

Cher stops for a moment before replying, "Chase is my brother, and I am nothing like him."

"I cannot interfere with this," Sunny tells her. "It's something neither Manny nor I can do. But can you really bet the life of your brother on what you think?"

"Yes I can."

But honestly, Cher didn't know. Could she? Could she really bet her brother's life on some belief she had?

note: thank you guys so much for the 10k+ votes!! i love you all! i hope you guys enjoy this chapter, and if you do, don't forget to leave a comment, and vote!^^