Chapter 1: Forever

This is Fan fiction for the ship Malec from Cassandra Claire's AMAZING series, The Mortal Instruments.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Also, I own NONE of these characters or settings, etc. Also, none of the info in this Fan fiction is from the book. It all comes from my weird imagination. :) But the stories will go along with the book, ex: Alec is still a Shadowhunter, Magnus still a Warlock, etc.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - And, this is my first-ever fan fiction, so please give me feedback and criticism! I would really appreciate it! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Alec sat up in bed, lifting the silk sheets off himself. He looked down at his boyfriend, smiling. Boyfriend. He thought. Yeah, I like that. He kept looking at him.
"Why are you staring at me?" Magnus asked groggilly.
"How did you know I was staring at you? Your eyes are closed." Magnus smiled, his eyes still shut.

"Whenever you look at me with those blue eyes of yours, my heart flutters a little." Magnus sat up, his eyes opening. Alec didn't answer, just leaned over and kissed Magnus, a quick peck on the lips. Alec started to pull away, but Magnus grabbed his neck and pulled him in, locking their lips.

Alec was the one to pull away.

"I-" he began, but Magnus interrupted him.

"I know, I know. You've gotta go hunting." Magnus huffed and laid back down with a thump. Alec gave him a mock pouty face and went to the kitchen.

He went to his coffee pot and breathed in the smell of the warm coffee. After turning the pot off and grabbing his mug he went to the bedroom only to find Magnus fast asleep again.

After getting dressed in his Shadowhunter gear, Alec turned to walk out of the room.

"I love you." Alec spun around. Gazing at Magnus.

"I love you, too, Mags." and with that, Alec walked out the front door, leaving Magnus behind, not knowing when he was to see him again.

After finishing the hunt, Alec, Izzy, and Jace walked back to the Institute.
After he showered and got cleaned up, Alec checked his phone. A text from Magnus. He hid his phone against his chest, and looked around nervously. Wait. Alec told himself. Everyone knows. You're out. You don't have to hide. Alec took a breath and read the text.

Hey babe. I was thinking of throwing a party tonight. If u don't wanna come that's ok. And if u want to, gr8. Xoxo
Magnus <3

Alec wrote back immediately.

Alright. Ill stay @ the Institute. Ill come over in the morning. I love you

Another text from Magnus came in.

I love you. Forever

Alec texted back again.

Forever.

Alec didn't particularly like Magnus' parties, but it made him happy, so Alec let him.

Alec could not wait for morning to come so he could see Magnus again.

Finally it did, and Alec woke up early-as he usually did, and rubbed his eyes. Stretching, he put on some casual clothes; jeans and a sweater, winding a blue scarf around his neck. It had been a gift from Magnus-he said it brought out Alec's eyes.

Striding through the hallways of the institute Alec said a quick goodbye to Jace and began his walk to Brooklyn. He stopped at Java Jones on the way, picking up a plain black coffee for himself and A pumpkin spice latte for Magnus, who had fangirled over them when they finally came back in season.

Alec walked up to the building, not needing to buzz the doorbell - Magnus had given him a key. Walking in and shutting the door behind him, he checked his watch.

6:48 it said. Damn. Alec thought. I didn't mean to be this early. Plastic cups and plates littered the living room floor. Magnus must have gone to bed before cleaning everything up.

Stepping around the garbage gingerly, Alec walked down the hall to the bedroom. Opening the door quietly, as to not wake Magnus, Alec pushed the door open.

When the door swung open, a gasp flew from his mouth and dropped the two coffee cups he was holding. They hit the floor, and hot coffee spilled into the carpet and soaked into Alec's shoes.