Chapter 16

Magnus invited Alec in, and they sat in the living room with mugs of coffee in their hands.

"What happened?" Magnus asked.

"Jace kissed me." Magnus' eyes grew wide.

"What?" His mind raced. "But- I mean..." Magnus couldn't hide his jealousy. Alec shook his head.

"Not, like, romantically. He did it to prove a point."

"What point?"

"He was trying to prove that I still loved him."

Magnus let out a shaky breath.

"Do you?" he asked cautiously.

Alec shrugged a little. "I mean, I don't know. I, I mean I kissed him back but..." Alec shook his head.

"It didn't feel right. Which is crazy right? That's all I've wanted for the past few years but..."

Magnus felt somewhat relieved.

"And I know why now." Alec said, meeting Magnus' cat eyes with his deep blue one's.

"It wasn't right. He's not for me. You are, Magnus."

                           ☆  ☆  ☆

Alec hadn't meant to say that. But Magnus got up anyway, and crossed the room to Alec. He sat on the couch next to him. They just stared at eachother for a while, taking in every detail.

Alec leaned in slowly, and put his lips to Magnus'.

Magnus put his hands on Alec's hips as Alec put his hands in Magnus' hair. The kiss deepened.

Alec felt at home now. It felt right.

They pulled away, and layed tangled up on the couch for a while.

"I'm going to kill Jace." Magnus said, playing with Alec's hair, who had his head in Magnus' lap.

Alec chuckled. "Okay."

☆ ☆ ☆

Magnus and Alec walked to Central Park, and layed down on the grass. With Alec layed on Magnus' chest, they didn't speak. Just stared at the beautiful green of the trees about them, enjoying eachother's company.

"Aww. The love birds are finally together again." Jace's was standing above them, a smirk on his face.

"What the hell are you doing here Jace?" Alec asked blankly, not moving from Magnus' chest.

Jace shrugged. "I just thought that I would come and see the happy couple!"

Alec was silent for a moment as he looked at Jace. Sitting up, and leaning against a tree, Magnus did too.

"Or did you come to break us up? Are you sure that you don't want me, Jace? That kiss was pretty intense. Are you sure you weren't the one that wanted it?" Alec taunted Jace.

Before Alec could see, Jace had a glowing seraph blade at his throat, but Alec didn't even flinch.

Magnus threw his hand out, probably getting ready to fire something at Jace, but Alec put a hand out to stop him.

"It's okay Magnus. Jace won't kill me."

"I wouldn't?" Jace said, pressing the blade above his collarbone, spilling a drop of blood.

"The tables have turned, Big Brother." Jace snarled.

"Alright." Alec said. "Then do it."

Jace was surprised, Alec could see it.

"Here," Alec said. "I'll help you."Alec placed his hand over Jace's hand, which was on the hilt of the balde.

Alec pushed the hilt of the blade towards himself, farther into his skin, spilling more of his blood.

"Alec, what are you doing?" Magnus asked. Alec didn't answer, just stared at Jace.

Taking his hand off the blade, Alec looked at Jace. "Are you gonna finish the job?" he asked.

When Jace didn't answer, Alec grabbed the hilt of the blade again. He pulled the knife back, the hilt going towards Jace, and, with a shriek from Magnus, yanked his hand back, plunging it toward his heart.

Ohh cliffhanger! Sorry! (Not sorry)