Chapter 20

Magnus stood inside Alec's room amongst the boxes and packing tape. Alec was staring at him.

"What?" he asked.

"I have no idea what to do." Alec confessed to him.

"About what?" He asked.

"I don't know if I should move out. I mean, I can't be with Jace. I can't. But I can't run from my problems anymore."

Magnus thought for a moment.
"How about we move some of your clothes to my place, and you can stay there any time." Alec nodded.

"Thank you Magnus. So much." Alec hugged him.

Magnus had a client soon, so he took a box of Alec's clothes back to the loft.

Izzy had hugged him profusely when she heard that he wasn't leaving. Alec hadn't bothered to tell Jace the news, hadn't bothered to talking to him at all.

It hurt Alec knowing that his bond with his parabatai was broken. But at the same time, Alec couldn't stand to be in the same room with Jace for more than 10 seconds.

Alec walked into the training room and was met by Jace swinging a spear at a training dummy.

Alec ignored his greeting and went to the punching bags. He had spent a lot of time at those; instead of punching Jace, he punched the bags.

The first one was stained with his own blood; he had punched his own knuckles bloody after what happened with Magnus.

"Alec." Jace stepped between him and the punching bag.

"What?" Alec moved to the next bag, his fists flying out rapidly.

"Talk to me."

"I just did." Alec could only manage up a sarcastic answer. It was either that or yelling.

"Alec, stop." Jace grabbed his shoulder. Alec shrugged it off.

"Stop!" Jace yelled, and Alec did.

"What do you want?" Alec shouted.

"I want you to stop ignoring me." Alec turned to leave. "Come on, Alec. I want you to be my brother again. My parabatai."

Alec scoffed.

"Come on, Alec. You know im the best hunting partner your gonna get. In reality, this will help you."

Alec scoffed again. "So when you decide you don't need me any more, and then decide that you do again, and you come running to me asking to take me back, you act like you're doing me a favor?" Jace looked annoyed at Alec.

"Let me think..." Alec said. "No." He left the training room, with Jace staring after him.

Alec knew Magnus was working, and Izzy was shopping with Clary, so he had nothing else to do but take a walk in Central Park.

Alec walked slowly down one of the concrete paths.

A figure came up beside him.

"Hey cutie." Alec looked over. A faerie was trotting beside him. He had leaf green skin, and bright yellow hair that matched his equally bright yellow eyes. He looked familiar to Alec, yet he couldn't pinpoint where from.

"Um, hi." Alec bit his lip.

"Can I buy you a coffee?" The faerie asked as they neared a cart selling coffee and bagels.