Chapter 8

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER WILL EXPERIENCE ALL THE FEELS! ! ! ! ! ! !

-----------------------------------------------------☆

Magnus pulled out his keys and unlocked the door to the apartment.

Walking through the kitchen and into the living room he stopped in his tracks.

"Alec?"

He was sitting on the black couch, which matched his hair, his eyes seeming dull.

He turned around slowly, those blue eyes digging into Magnus like knives. He almost looked away, but thought against it.

   Slowly Magnus set his keys on the counter, shrugging of his jacket as he went.

"Alec." The Shadowhunter stood up to face the Warlock.

Magnus then saw how bad Alec looked. His eyes were rimmed red, as if from endless crying.
His knuckles were bandaged on both hands, red dots spotting the material.

  A new iratze still gleamed on his wrist; it was still shining but slightly dulled, which told Magnus it was relatively fresh.

His usual spiky hair was messy, falling into his eyes. Magnus yearned to reach forward and brush it out of Alec's eyes.

Those eyes. They looked hollow, yet full of emotion at the same time.
Alec was good at hiding his emotions, Magnus knew. He had shielded what he was feeling from the rest of the world for so long.
The real feelings were in his eyes. If you got past what he put in them on purpose, to hide what was real.
   Those eyes, the one's that Magnus had fallen in love with on the spot, weren't full of love, or even the bloodshot adrenaline of battle. But something else - something more. Anger. Fear. Confusion.

   Alec looked so young at this moment. So vulnerable. Magnus hated seeing Alec this way.

But what really called out to Magnus was how skinny Alec looked. He was still well built, his rune-covered biceps still stretching out the thin material of his T-Shirt.

His cheek bones were more prominent than usual, his jaw line more defined, but not in a good way.

Magnus took a shaky step towards Alec. As much as he tried to hide it, Magnus was nervous. Scared. Not scared of Alec himself. But...
Scared that Alec would never forgive him. Scared that Alec would never love him again.

Alec's cheeks were flushed, oh, how they did that so easily. Magnus knew that Alec hated that about himself.

However, they weren't rosy from embarrassment, but from anger.
What Magnus had once found adorable, he now found - threatening. He realized this with a start, and cursed at himself silently when he took another step towards Alec.

Placing his hand on Alec's cheek as gentle as he could, Magnus said, "When was the last time you ate?"

Alec slapped his hand away not only with Shadowhunter speed but also with Shadowhunter force.

In all honesty, it stung. Magnus resisted the urge to shake his hand in pain.

I guess I deserved that. He admitted to himself.

"Alec I never meant to-" Magnus started.

"Oh shut up!" Alec interrupted loudly.

Magnus was immediantly silenced.
A look of shock was plastered on his face, and he did nothing to conceal it.
Alec rarely yelled, and had never raised his voice at Magnus. Alec's eyes were tear filled, but he held them back.

"You cheated on me! I can't even look at you!" Magnus flinched. Alec looked down at the floor with a look that could shatter glass where it stood.

"I trusted you! We said forever. And you're the one who broke forever. You! And you know what else you broke?" Magnus looked up, dreading the answer.

"My heart."

I told you! All the feels!