Chapter 11

Magnus was left alone in his loft, staring at the door. It had a long crack in it running down the middle..
The wood had split in a few places with a loud shriek after being slammed too many times-mainly by Alec.
The poor door had been opened and slammed multiple times in the last few days, Alec had been responsible for almost every beating the door took.

Magnus sunk down in a chair and put his head in his hands.

"I'm so stupid!" he muttered to himself.
Magnus felt empty and hollow. Without Alec it was like something was...missing deep down, in his heart, in his soul.

But at the same time, the thought of Alec...angered him.

Magnus thought he would never have said that. Before, whenever he thought of Alec, he felt a warm feeling deep down; a bubbling in the pit of his stomach: pure happiness. which Magnus hadn't felt in a long time.

Things changed like that, he knew; in the blink of an eye, everything you love was washed away from you before you could even reach out a hand to try and stop it.

But what was he supposed to do now? Magnus and Alec never fought.

Small disagreements, sure. But never a serious fight. At least after Camille.

The world felt empty, and without purpose. What was his purpose? Before, it was Alec. Always Alec. But now... Alec didn't love him. Or at least he didn't want to. He'd said so himself.

                         ☆   ☆   ☆

Alec stormed out of Magnus' apartment for what felt like the thousandth time in a matter of a few days.

His face felt tight from crying and yelling, his knees sore from standing then sitting, and his throat burned from screaming.

He had cried a lot in the past few days; now he felt all cried out.

Into the Institute he went, and Alec walked to the kitchen. Isabelle was stirring something in a large pot. It was thick and green and smelt like it was burning. A lot.

Sitting at the island with a thump made Izzy turn around.

"Hey..." she said cautiously. It looked like she wanted to say more.
"What happened, you know, after you left?" she took a seat across from him.

"I went to Magnus'. We had a fight." Isabelle breathed out slowly, contemplating the words Alec was saying.

"A big one. We've never had a fight that big. I don't know what to do." Alec confessed. His sister bit her lip a little, something she did when she was thinking.

"Do you think you could forgive him?" she asked.

Alec thought for a moment. "I don't know." He said. " This fight- we wern't even fighting about him cheating anymore. We just brought up everything we hated about eachother." Isabelle rubbed his shoulder.
"I threatened to kill his cat."

"Really? Damn, Alec. I mean, good job, but wow. I didn't think you had it in you." Alec shook his head.

"I feel like I want him back. But I also feel like I can't possibly forgive him."

"Just follow your heart, Alec."