Chapter 19

Once safely in his bedroom, Alec leaned against the door.

He wanted to get away from Jace. To go as far away as possible.

No! Alec told himself. You can't keep running. Alec was exhausted. It was only noon, yet he felt like sleeping for at least a month, maybe two.

Instead of going into full hibernation, Alec took an hour nap on a blanket on the floor, since his bed was no longer in working order. He felt slightly better.

Alec immediately checked his room for any nuisance, like Jace.
Concluding that he was safe, Alec stared at the wreckage that was his room. He hadn't tried to pick anything up.
Luckily the Instutute had a few cardboard boxes in the supply closets.

He neatly stacked all of his pictures, even the cracked one's in a box. His books in another. He didn't have that many clothes, so all of them fit in just one box. A couple more boxes were filled. Taping everything up, his room felt bare.
The rubble of the bed and bookshelf were still there, but his walls had nothing there anywhere, and all his drawers and shelves cleaned out.

Alec called Magnus, realizing how crazy he was.

{So for the phone call, Magnus will be in bold and Alec will be in italics.}

"Hey honey."

"Hey Mags."

" Is everything alright? "

"I packed up all my stuff. I-I don't know what I'm thinking."

"Are you - are you coming here?"

" No - yes - no. I'm crazy. I'm sorry. It was stupid."

"No, it's okay. If you want to come here...you can. But if you don't, that's okay."

"I don't know Magnus."

" Whatever you decide, I'll be fine with. If you do come - I'll be out until late tonight. Vampires are picky about location."

Um. Okay. I love you.

As I love you.

The phone clicked off. Alec sat on the floor, surrounded by boxes. Was he really going to do this? Is he being rash. A small knock on the door broke him out his thoughts.

"Alec?"

"Come in."

Isabelle sat down next to her brother.

"Are you leaving?" she asked in a small voice.

Alec had to take a moment to breath. "I don't know, Izzy."

"Is it because of Jace?" she asked him.

"I wish I could say no." Isabelle leaned her head on his shoulder.

"Why is he so angry with you? I know you, like, totally beat him up, but this just seems a little excessive."

Alec thought about this for a moment.
"Because, when we fought, I proved a point that he didn't want to be proven."

*mic drop* did you guys like that chapter? Hope so!