chapter seventeen

This was meant to be uploaded on Mikey's birthday but I never got around to writing it oops...

Pete's pov

Its been two weeks since I have been back and I'm honestly so glad I'm back. Me and Mikes have been better than ever and I didn't get fired, Patric has been cutting me some slack recently, I don't know why. He doesn't seem to be that bad of a guy. I'm actually currently on my way to his, by that I mean Mikey's not Patrick's.

It's Mikey's birthday tomorrow and I'm going to stay at his tonight, we are gonna watch films and eat pizza tonight and then tomorrow I'm taking him out, I think we are going for lunch then a walk in the forest.

"Hey babes," I smile kissing Mikey's head and he cringes at the pet name.

"Long time no see panda," he giggles leading me into his apartment. Me and Mikey's have been inseparable recently, we spent nearly all of our time together apart from the small amount of time I spend at work. I'm surprised he isn't sick of me yet.

"I know right I have been dyyying without you" I laugh as we sit on the couch together, Mikey's has already set out lots of films on the floor for us to choose from. Either sci-fi or horror, in the end we settle on watching horror films, our first choice is the decent which is boring to begin with but gets increasingly better. We then wait for our pizza before beginning the second film, dead silence. It's probably the scariest film out there but I still feel safe in my boyfriends arms, the warm fuzzy feeling from the occasional kisses he places on my head when he feels me tense.

After two more films we crawl up to Mikey's bed, I fall asleep almost instantly when my head hits the pillow, the pizza filling me up and the films making me very tired but Mikey's has other ideas. "Peteyyyy...it's my birthday in twenty two minuets..."

"So it is, meaning we should get to sleep before it starts cos that would be ruining the 'waking up on your birthday thing' wouldn't it" I yawn and turn over cuddling into him.

I think he's changed his mind when he sighs and leans into me but I am shocked awake when he starts to place tiny kisses on my neck, he starts to suck on my skin when getting closer to my chin. I melt into his touch and begin to kiss his lips, I swear to God this boys kisses are going to be the death of me.

We make out  for nearly half an hour until my little mouse gets suddenly very tired. He turns over pulling my arm with him demanding me to be the big spoon. As soon as he falls asleep I place a kiss behind. "I love you mouse, happy birthday,"

*****
"WAKE UP PETE ITS MY BIRTHDAY!!" I hear at the stupid hour of 7:30.  You would think he's turning 6 not 26.
"Morning sugar puff," I kiss him on his lips, stopping his exited giggles as the kiss deepens. I really love this man.
"Happy." Kiss "Birthday." Kiss "Mikes." Kiss.

"Thank you beautiful," he smiles and roles onto his side next to me but I don't stay next to him as I roll of bed to make him birthday breakfast. He pouts but I stick my tongue out and run out the room.

Pancake making is a success. By that I mean the kitchen is still in tact and I only burnt three, pretty good right. By the time I take them upstairs Mikey's is sat up reading a new daredevil comic that I left under his pillow with a birthday note.

*****
"Wherrrree are we goiiiing" Mikey asks for the third time as I lead him through the park with a hand over his eyes.
"Wait and see" I sing happily, exited for the surprise gift awaiting him. I really hope he likes it.

We aren't walking for much longer before a bell rings above us as we enter a shop. I will be surprised if Mikey hadn't guessed where we are already, the smell of dirty sawdust and animals is potent. I remove my hands from his eyes and he pushes his glasses on with a rush and a small giggle.

"A pet shop!" He laughs running over to the hamster cage and pressing his face to the glass. The to the rabbits then the mice then the birds. "Oh Pete, what's this for?" He looks at me in ewe.

"Choose something,anything, apart from a cat. I don't like cats,"
"Why?"
"they are evil. I bet they are planning to take over the world one day," I snigger doing cat paw motions with my hands in front of my eyes.
Mikey takes in his surroundings, the lights of the animal displays reflecting of his hazel eyes and when he's not looking at the lights his eyes are glowing in wonder anyway. I'm watching him with admiration until I'm broken out of my trance by a happy young girl in a work uniform.
"Hello! Do you need any help with anything today?" She smiles.

"No thank you, my boyfriend is choosing a pet for his birthday," it still feels nice calling him that.

"You two are together? That's so lovely!" She grins up at us.

"Can I look at the puppies" Mikey interrupts gripping onto my arm.

"Of course,right this way," the girl leads us into the back of the store where there are three big crates filled with blankets and each has a different breed of dogs. My eyes immediately go to the bull dog puppies, but I can tell Mikey has fallen in love with the tiny golden Cocker spaniels. The other crate had golden labs in it. (I know this isn't what pet shops are like but idgaf)
Mikey is in the glass box crate thing with the spaniels so I go in and sit beside him.
"See one you like mouse?" My head is rested on his shoulder as he plays with the puppies.
"All of them,"
"Sixteen spaniels in a flat, that sounds like a great idea mikes" I laugh and he joins in until  a little pup runs up to us and starts licking my hand. She's by far the smallest one, I start to play with her and I feel Mikey get up and leave but I'm to busy entertaining my new friend to care.
"Your boyfriend has chosen this one, is that okay?" The girl says pointing to the ball of madness currently play biting my hand and making tiny pup noises.
Mikey grins behind her.

"Of course," I smile back, we pay get some of the essentials including; dog food, a baby blue lead and collar, tiny toys, a blue and pink food and water bowl a brush and a black bed.

"I think I'm going to call her Lou," Mikey says proudly carrying the newest member of our family out of the store.

"What's that short for? Louisa,Louise,Loren?"

"Nothing, I just like the sound of it" he smiles taking my hand in his.

"Okay precious,"

The sun is setting, I'm walking with a new puppy and the man I am deeply in love with and in this moment life can't get any better.

"I love you Mikey Way, happy birthday sweet little dude"
"I love you too Peter Wentz"

Sorry it's late.  But it's long:) I went to see fall out boy on Saturday. It was incredible. I was REALLY FRIKIN CLOSE. The picture at the top is my pic :)
Thanks for all these reads. It means a lot 😊