Chapter seven

Petes pov~

Me and mouse-yes i know his names mikey i just prefer to call him mouse in my mind- have been talking alot and we have agreed to meet up at 10 out side the comic book store.

I stumble out of bed and throw on some skinny black jeans and a t-shirt,casual but not to scruffy. i purposely evoide the mirror in my bath room as i walk threw it to brush my teeth.

I dont need to be reminded why mouse is my first friend in like 13 years. Because im Fat.Gay.Emo.Ugly.Nerdy, the list could go on forever.

Who said he was your friend youv hardly met yet.

I ignore the voice while spitting out the toothpaste and rinsing my mouth with mouthwash.

I grab a hoodie and make my way out the door.

Im half way to the comic book store when it starts raining. The wind starts to pick up and so does my pace,by the time the comic stores in view I'm sprinting and when i get there i have to bend over and lean on the wall to take a breath. thats how unfit i am.

"Hi," Mikey half smiles as we walk inside the store warm air hitting us like a brick wall.

"Hey," i wave taking in the smell of the store thats like a second home. Paper and coffee...mmm.

We look at the comics for a good 20 minutes chatting and getting to know each other. soon enough Mikey goes up to the counter to buy the new star wars one that was just out that week. the one that i was looking at.

"You gonna buy it?" he asks pointing to the comic i have clutched in my hands.

"Na i only lifted $4 for Starbucks," i lie.

Truth is i cant actually afford it. fuck the little pay i get from my DH of a boss.

"Oh that sucks dude, d'ya want me to buy it for you and you can pay me back next time we meet?" He asks awkwardly, i can tell hes just trying to make friends-like me.

*le sigh*

"Okay truth be told Mikey, i cant actually afford it. my douche boss barely pays me enough to buy food,"

Wow he really is gonna think your a runt now,

Gee's i forgot that voice was there!

Haha stupid mothaaa fuckkkaaaaa!

Fuck of voice-you cant ruin my day!

"Oh, well i will buy it for you!" he says taking out a $10 note and handing it to me.

"No," i sigh pushing it back, i would have taken it but thats rude and i need all the manners i can get.

"What ever," he sighs and before i can stop him he is handing over a $10 and a copy of the comic to the fat old store owner.

"Mikey what,why d'ya do that?"

"Think of it as my treat to you, its what friends do isnt it?" he genuinely asks like he doesnt know.

"Guess so," wait... did he just say f..ff...fr...friends? "wow. hold da fuck up-friends?"

"I guess its weird for you to say as well then huh? And yes if you want to?"

"Yea!" and he smiles at me for the first time showing me two rows of cute crooked teeth.

Mikey's pov~

I roll out of bed and grab my glasses propping them on the end of my nose just how i like it.

I run down the stairs and grab the medicine pot. i pull out a pot of one of my many pills. i have to take them every day.

Orange for headaches.

Blue for week immune system.

Green for bad sight.

Pink and white for anxiety.

Blue and white paresetamal for helping me keep down the others.

Red and white for stomaches.

I take them all with a drink of water and wash away the taste with a nice hot cup of coffee. i pull on some decent clothes and head out the door with a jacket and pop tart.

I walk to the comic book store nice and slowly as I'm meeting pete there in a hour. i take in my surroundings. Blue sky, green grass,brown leaved trees and grey rain clouds. i really need to get out more. I know the way to the store like i know the Lord of the rings characters. Perfectly. Its my faveroute place to be.

The wind starts to pick up and the sky starts to leek. Tiny drops of rain landing on the screens of my glasses.

I run the rest of the way to find pete running to. He is extremely out of breath.

"Hi" i half smile as we walk into the warm shop.

"Hey,"

We talk and look at comics for a while before i decide to buy one of the new star wars comics me and pete have been looking at for the past 10 minutes.

When its in a little paper bag i see a little pang of jealousy and sadnes in pete's eyes.

"You gonna buy it?"

"Na i only brought $4 for starbucks"

"Oh well i can buy you it then you pay me back?"

I ask trying to be nice.

"Okay well truth be told mikey,i cant actually afford it. my douche boss hasn't paid me in ages."

That bastard!

"Here," i give pete a $10 note and he hands it back, "whatever" but i know he wants it so i grab another copy of the comic and buy it for him. the corners of his pale lips instantly curl up.

"Mikey,what, why d'ya do that?" he asks surprised as we make our way to Starbucks.

"My treat for you its what friends do isnt it?" i was actually asking him because well-i dont know.

"I guess so-wow hold da fuck up..fr-rrienss?"

"I guess its weird for you to say as well then huh? And yes if you want to?"

"Yea!" and i Smile for the first time in forever. showing my horrible crooked teeth to the world.