Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Camila POV

Once we got to the beach, Lauren got off quickly and opened the door for me.

"Thank you."

"No problem ma'am."

"So which way?"

"Follow me." She grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers.

"Have you ever seen the beach at night?" She asked. Oh I've seen it alright, I just don't want to make her feel bad so I won't tell her.

"No, I only came here once with Austin it was horrible, I got smacked because his girlfriend thought I was hitting on him. I wouldn't even spit in his direction though. That was during the day however." I hated that girl.

"What a bitch. A bitch and an asshole...makes a nice couple."

"You're right, they broke up after Austin kissed me though, but that's for another time. I'm starving, but hey what's new?" Lame joke oh well.

"Right me too." She opens the door to a cozy looking diner and sits us down at a table facing the beach, sitting next to me. Lauren moved her chair so that our knees were touching.

"Order anything you want, or I can order my favorite dish, trust me it's so good."

"Um, surprise me, let's have your favorite dish." I said to her flashing her a smile.

"What can I get for you Lauren and your pretty company?" The waiter asked.

"Can I have my usual, oh make it two."

"Okay and what can I get you two to drink?"

"Two coffees please."

"Okay coming right up. Anything else?"

"No, not for now at least. Thank you Cody."

"No problem Lauren. Be right back with your order."

After a few minutes of just talking about random stuff, Cody came back with our drinks and food. It was a plate of pancakes with bacon, eggs and hash browns. It looked so good, it's been a long time since I've had a meal like this. Someone pinch me I must be dreaming.

"Enjoy." Lauren chuckles. "You have a little something there." Oh my god am I drooling.

I ate my whole meal, it was so good. I don't know if it was 'cause I was hungry or if it was just that good. As we ate Lauren told me her dad's story on how he got famous even though I knew the story, I still paid attention. After we finished we drove back home due to Lauren's mom wanting to work out with Lauren. She asked me if I wanted to join her but I said no, I don't do exercise.

On the car ride back she asked me about myself, I mean I know I told myself not to say too much about myself but how can I not.

"So why did you change your name? I mean it's none of my business but I don't mind if you don't answer." Lauren sounded nervous. Why not?

"Karla is my first name, Camila is my middle name. When I was in high school I got bullied for being a nerd, well at least Karla did. I changed my name to Camila by my senior year and begged my mom to switch schools. I was still smart, an undercover nerd if you will, but I kept it on the low. So that's how I went from Karla to Camila." I told her the story as I looked out the window.

I hated it when people bullied me. Even after I changed they threw stuff at me, pushed me, took my stuff, called me names, all those things including taking away my glasses, that's the only reason why I changed to contacts. I felt Lauren's hand on my thigh and gave her my hand as she started rubbing circles on it.