The Sock Scenario >> AOU! Pietro Maximoff (Quicksilver) X Reader

Title: The Sock Scenario

Paring: AOU! Pietro Maximoff (Quicksilver) X Reader

Warnings: Sadness, cuteness beyond compare

Spoilers: no! In fact, said spoilers don't happen in this universe because I value Pietro as a character and love him too much for what happened to him.

Bring Pietro Back 2K16.

-------------------------------------------------------

Your job description said sock fixer.

Yes, in the small print, underneath 'gopher' and 'personal assistant to the Avengers'. Maybe you should have read the fine print a little closer, because all it seemed you did lately was fix the great Pietro Maximoff's socks from their holes and wear and tear and cram in your other jobs around the chore.

After the first hundred and eighty pairs were trashed, Tony refused to buy any more for the speedster, leaving you in your current plight.

Come the day a scientist invented Pietro-proof socks, and you would finally sleep well at night. Hell, even the other day you dreamed of darning his socks back together.

What had your life come to?

"Hey, _______, could you run this over to Barton? I need his opinion on the new uniforms," you hear Tony handing you a tablet. "Don't tell me -,"

"I just sewed this pair up yesterday," you tell your boss, humming in slight annoyance. Glancing up, you see he's also got two mugs of somehow heavenly instant coffee, and he's sliding the other white cup your way, as he takes a seat. "Hey, boss? Got any time to convince Dr. Banner to make a magic science-y thread that will never tear?"

Tony smiles over his cup. "What, and leave you without a job?"

You snort. "That's all I do, these days. Fix socks and run errands. I used to file! Deliver messages! Have coffee breaks! Rub shoulders with S. H. I. E. L. D. personnel! Now I'm a darn sock fixer."

He claps your back in good nature. "I'll give you a pay raise if that's what's bothering you? I'll double it?"

You laugh. "Gosh, no, Mr. Stark, keep your money. Thank you for the coffee and the affirmations, but I'm just a little overrun with socks." You take a sip of the drink. Perfect. "No pun intended. Either time."

He chuckles, and goes to leave. "Pay raise, coming right up. Don't forget to be a good gopher to show Barton the tablet, okay?"

You nod. "Five minutes and I'll go. I'll be done this sock by then."

Little did you know, Pietro, the fast-footed sprinter, had overheard all that you and Tony had talked about on his way to train with Wanda. Before he knew it, a sinking feeling erupted inside his chest, and at once, he was at his sister's side.

"What do you do if there's something you have to stop because it inconveniences someone else?" he asked Wanda.

The dark haired Scarlet Witch pushed past him to the cookie jar on the bench, "I tell it to their face, to stop them being a nuisance to me," she told her brother with a straight face. "Could you move? You're in front of the plate cupboard."

He nodded. "Ah, I see what you did there." At once, Pietro was out of the way, seated at the breakfast bar. "I have to stop being a troublemaker, and be ... what is the word?"

"An adult?" She put forth. "Non-irritating? Responsible?"

Pietro nodded silently. "Yes, that's the one. Responsible."