Begin To Hope >> Peter Parker X Male!Reader

Title: Begin To Hope

Parking: Peter Parker X Male Reader

Warnings: YES!!! Read the A/N for it pls

Requested ByTheWarriorBear 

Spoilers: no because I have not seen Spider Man Homecoming and I am Still Salty About It

Author's Note:  I had a request and I thought I'd expand on my request a little more, make it flesh out. Because of this, I've included a few things I usually don't write into fics, well, one. Violence. My little Readers, if you have clicked on this story because you're into Peter, or like the idea of the fic, be warned as there is a triggering event of Reader being hurt by a group of people for being gay. I know, spoilers, but really, I want you all to be safe, and remember that I try to keep my works as a safe space for everyone.

___________________________________________________________________________

When you're in the foster system long enough, you lose hope. Hope that your real family will ever come back to get you. Hope that anyone will want you when the growth spurts and voice box (and other things) drop. Hope that you'll be anything more than the abandoned little boy whose parents didn't want him enough to keep him and their addictions. But that's life in the present American century, and living below the poverty line was anything but pretty. That's why you kept fantastic grades up, and whenever you were put in and out of people's homes, made sure that you passed homework in on time just like any other normal kid. Fantastic grades led to school offers, and by high school, you were accepted into a great one in New York for academically minded students.

Maybe that's what made your new foster carers take you in. Well, carer. You tried not to overthink being fostered by the Captain America himself, living in prime real estate in Queens. But you were right there, standing at his doorstep, waiting for America's hero to answer the door the foster system woman had knocked on.

"Now, you be nice to Mr. Rogers, _________." She looked down at you like you were some delinquent who graffitied anything that moved, rather than the A+ scholar you were. "He's a busy man, and only because of his professional reputation he could foster."

You nodded. "Yeah, I'll be good, Mrs. D."

When he answered the door, it was like seeing sunshine coming from behind a cloud you'd forgotten had taken refuge upon the skies. Or something. His face was nice, and stern, but silly and playful all at once, and his eyes lit up at seeing you.

"Mrs. Demarco?" He asked, and looked to you. "You must be _________! Come on in, you guys, I've just got everything set up." He waved the pair of you inside, and following Captain Rogers in, he went on, "I was held up on Avengers business the last month in Mongolia, so I'm sorry if it looks last minute."

But it didn't look last minute. His apartment looked like he'd been given a gold ATM card and a million-dollar spending limit. The little apartment had a kitchen connecting to a breakfast bar (which you could picture doing massive amounts of school work on) and just off that was a snug lounge room with a flat screen TV and a –

"You've got an Xbox?" You blurt out, and seeing the look Mrs. Demarco give you, you add, in a smaller voice, "Sorry."

But he smiles. "Don't apologise! Nat gave it to me last Christmas. We have Assassin's Creed night every Saturday." Your eyes widen at the thought that the Black Widow did such a domestic thing of giving Christmas gifts. "Come on, I'll show you your bedroom. I didn't know what colour you liked, so I went along with red."