With You >> Loki Laufeyson X Reader

Title: With You

Paring: Loki X Reader

Warnings: talk of death, crying, caring!loki

Spoilers: talk of Cap2. 

Author's note: Female reader and it's Loki-centric. I love Loki so much I had to write the sequel to the first part before the next (Next up is Sam Wilson X Reader)

__________________________________________________________________________________

Loki found it hard to fall asleep that night. His eyes were wide with the image of you; how your (h/c) framed your face, eyes watching, wary like a bunny to a bird of prey. He didn't want to think of him as an eagle, or a vulture, but that's what Loki was, wasn't he? He was a death-bringer. Everywhere he walked, war broke out. He was born to die, and having lived, bore that curse to all around him.

So Loki was sleepless.

His mind raced all about, wondering of what he could have done, hadn't done, would do and who he could have saved. It was almost witching hour when his eyes had finally grew hooded, and almost drifting off, he jolted awake at a sound.

"Is that...crying?" he whispered to nobody but himself.

There was no mistaking the sound of a shattering soul, even if it was dulled by the walls of his room. A fine room, Loki thought; for anyone who hadn't been raised as a prince. But taking his quarrels aside, the green and gold prince slid from the sheets, and tiptoed to the door.

There it was. Louder.

His mind wondered if there were anyone else in the Avengers base, but Loki knew his brother had told him all the team had gone to the mission with him. So ______ was wailing?

Why?

She seemed quite content when she had brushed his hand earlier.

Why does your heart race for a mere touch? Loki berated himself.

Opening his door, Loki made his way to ______'s, and before he lost his nerve, rapped his knuckles upon hers.

The crying stilled.

"Go back to bed, Loki," he heard a teary voice hiccup. "I'm – fine."

"Are you so sure, little bunny?" he implored. "I'm entering, regardless of decency of your appearance."

At this, the giant god crossed the threshold, and switching the light on, choked back a gasp. The gracious, pretty _______ he had lulled himself near to the touch of sleep he had almost tasted before, this bold book reader, who had carelessly snatched his heart unknowingly, was dissolved in bouts of tears. Her face, a wary mask was exchanged for a blotchy pair of cheeks, lip curled, eyes welling with fresh tears.

"You're not fine." He stated.

______ wailed. "That's not how you t-talk to a girl who's been crying!"

Take a deep breath, Loki backtracked. It had been years since he'd been around a crying girl; Sif hadn't been much of a crier, Sigyn wasn't around long enough to show the full spectrum of emotion...his mother cried behind closed doors. But he wasn't a monster, despite what others thought; he was above running in confusion to a bunny rabbit of a human in such pain.

"I apologise." He nods, and gestures to her bed. "May I?"

She swallows. "Why are you doing this? It was just a bad dream." She takes a deep breath, and ridding her chest from the reverberating after-quake of tears, adds, "That's why I never really sleep much. I don't want to see them."