Don't Care (But I Do) >> Rocket Raccoon & Reader

Title: Don't Care  (But I Do)

Paring: Rocket Raccoon & Reader

Spoilers: yeah, for the first and second Guardians of the Galaxy movies.

Warnings: features anxiety, Rocket is an ass who secretly cares, fluff. 

Requested ByAl22Al

_______________________________________________________________________________

Rocket the Raccoon was not a very compassionate creature. He did not put the light out at night when the others wanted it off. He often left things laying around, where others could hurt themselves. If it wouldn't help himself, then Rocket did not help. It was quite a simple philosophy, and he stuck to it. Until he met a very stupid human. He thought a lot of humans were stupid, and yeah, he only knew two (but that didn't stop him from disliking humans).

_______ did not take care of themselves. They sometimes went days without eating, showering. In battle, they were clumsy, sometimes ignoring the battle plan designed by the Guardians. They rarely got of the Milano when the team docked into a planet, and if they did, they never strayed too far away from the group.

It was all these very things about _______ that made Rocket decide. He had to make sure this stupid human took better care of themselves. After all, it was to make sure the team would work better, right? Not that he cared about this hairless ape.

He noticed one day that _______ had not gotten up. Sure, it was their day off, but even Drax got out of bed, and perhaps showered on days allocated for himself. Rocket wrinkled his nose, just thinking of how disgusting _______ smelled after a day without self-care and took it upon himself to intervene.

"Okay, you need to go." He barged into the bunks were _______ lay, not caring if they were asleep or naked or worse. He threw their blankets off and wrapped a hand around their wrist. "You smell so bad. Go. Shower. Use soap."

The human quirked an eyebrow, reluctantly getting out of bed. "What is this, are you the shower police?" They asked with a groan. "Can't I go one day without showering?"

Rocket made a noise. "Not when you smell like that!" He led them toward the ship's bathroom and barged in there too. He climbed up the sink to the medicine cabinet, and threw a vial of toothpaste at the human. "And brush your teeth, while you're at it. You smell like an animal."

"So, I smell like you?" _______ questioned.

Rocket hissed. "Just have a shower, smelly bones."

Rocket Raccoon was not a patient creature. He was a blunt speaker in the first place, with a quick fuse to boot, and yet, somehow this trait got worse when he was left waiting. But unlike the usual way he was left angry after a delay, today, he was silent. No snark. No swear words in any alien languages. No passive aggressive gestures.

He'd been waiting for the remote to the entertainment console for three hours while _______ slept on top of it, flopped over the couch like slug, but with human skin. He sat there, in the other chair, arms crossed, staring at them.

Drax approached the other chair and sat. He looked at the empty screen of the entertainment console, to Rocket, and then to _______. He frowned. "Why are you not playing your inane shows, little beast?"

Rocket growls under his breath. "_______'s hogging it."

Drax goes to stand. "I could lift _______, and get the remote for you," he offers.