Life Can Only Be Understood Backwards >> Peter Quill (Star Lord) X Reader

Title: Life Can Only Be Understood Backwards

Paring: Peter Quill X Reader

Warnings: mentions alien abductions, and angst and a lil bit of fluff

Spoilers: Not really. I watched Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2 , but there are absolutely no spoilers in here. I mention Baby Groot, but we've all seen him in the trailers. 

Sequel: Yes! Jump onward to But It Must Be Lived Forwards for part two!

Author's Note: Last night I went out to see the late night viewing of it with my sister, and I felt the need this morning to get out my feelings in fic. This is set after the last movie, and before the new one. Anyways! On with the fic!

_____________________________________________________________________________

Your heart is racing even before you open your eyes. It's like you know you're not in your bed, surrounded by your nerd paraphernalia in the college dorms, hell, it's like you know you're not even on the same planet as Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Maybe that's because you can smell something that's completely not of Earth, and can hear chatter that sounds just so alien. When you do open your eyes, it's like you've woken up somewhere amidst a Star Trek convention – standing above you are figures that look like masterpieces of an over-timing makeup department and CGI. But they're all real, because the blue man with a metal headpiece is staring deep into your soul, his mouth agape to show jagged teeth.

"She's awake," His voice sounds like it's from the south, but his body just reminds you of frat boys who paint themselves for big games. Your heart hasn't stopped it's thumping, and almost whimpering, he sees how afraid he is. "Damn, someone get Quill before this Terran frightens herself to death."

You swallow, wondering what a quill was, and if by 'Terran', he meant you, because honestly, you felt like this was a major drug dream. Wondering if your roommate had dosed you on acid, you see a human-looking guy appear, slightly older than you.

"Hey, hey, don't freak out," he bends, kneeling to your height, his hands raised. "I'm Peter. Peter Quill. You're probably –," He pauses, and shoots the aliens and creatures around him a glare, "Can we have some space? Yondu?"

The blue man, Yondu, nods. "C'mon boys, fun's over. Leave these Terran's to their talk."

The crowd dissipates, leaving you and the guy named Peter there on the floor of what seems to be a real clunker of an area. "Where am I?" You ask him. "I – I was at college yesterday, I went to sleep in my bed, but –," you catch your breath, eyes flittering over the area you're in. "This is a dream. A prank. Did Lincoln put you up to this?" You demand, sitting up.

Peter shakes his head. "I don't know anyone who's called Lincoln, unless you're talking about Abraham," he cracks a little smile. "We intercepted a ship who had, ah, abducted you. You're not on Earth anymore."

Your heart skips a beat. Well, that was confirmed, then. "If I'm not on Earth, where am I?" You ask him. "Don't tell me I'm on the moon. I'm not up for any Doctor Who crap."

The little smile on his face widens. "I remember that show! It's still running?" He asks you.

You blink. "I've just been abducted, by aliens, am currently at pissing-my-pants scared, and you, are asking me if a British TV show is still running?" You state the facts. "Yeah, it's still running. They're up to the twelfth doctor now." You take a shaky breath, and add, "I'm _________. We're in a spaceship, aren't we?"