Hero >> Steve Rogers X Male!Stark!Reader

Title: Hero

Paring: Steve Rogers X Male!Stark!Reader

Warnings: features MLM, angst, fluff. 

Spoilers: yeah, for Captain America: Civil War.

Author's Note:  TBH it's been ages since I saw CA:CW, so really, this is based loosely around it, and don't hate me because I ain't that great at remembering sometimes. (also I dislike it the most out of all the Marvel movies because it's just drama and no hero stuff. also General Ross can eat my sh*t, I hate him and that's that).

Requested bythewarriorbear - hope you like it, I'm sorry it took so long to put together!

______________________________________________________________________________

It sucks that the two guys you love most in the world are fighting. It's awful. It would be bearable if it was about something small, like, what movie to pick for family night, or, what Ben & Jerry's to splurge on. But it's not. They're Avengers...well, are they? After all of this, will there be? It's hard for you to see a future for the team that welcomed you in so warmly. You're Tony Stark's twin, born twenty minutes after him, and, consequently, have done everything after him as well. It's fine, being in the spotlight is his thing, but now, with all the intense arguments around the table, the spotlight is on everyone.

Especially you.

"________?" Tony's creation, Vision says your name. "What is your input into the Accords we are to sign?"

You nearly jump in your skin, scared out of your thoughts. Geez, his voice is so much like J.A.R.V.I.S. You glance around the table, seeing Clint, Nat, Wanda, Sam, Tony. They all wait on baited breath for your answer.

"I..." you begin, looking down at your lap.

Tony quirks a brow. "What's that, you're siding with me, little brother?"

You let out a breath you don't realise you've been holding. "I...I can't. The whole idea of the Avengers was to be a non-government organised team formed for the good of all citizens of the world." You let out the thoughts that you've been keeping in, "Being attached to the Sokovia Accords means we could be used for the use of corrupt governments, with HYDRA insiders, or worse."

You glance to Steve, who smiles. You know your boyfriend, and if there's one thing he hates more than pencil smudges on his sketchpad, it's HYDRA.

"We need to do right by the law, we're heroes!" Tony cries out.

Nat raises her hand, "Tony, that's ________'s answer." She says, her words curt. "You of all people know you can't change other people's minds."

"What's that supposed to mean?" He huffs, and then raises his hands. "Okay, I'm not going to touch that can of worms." He gathers the papers from the table, and glances over the group. "So that's all...okay, I'll give our answers."

You sit there, feeling a terrible sinking sensation within your chest. Steve's hand covers your own, and you lean into his side. For the first time in a long time – since perhaps you heard the news about your parents...or when you came out – you feel dizzy, almost, at the prospect of what was to come. Because of your morals, you were for the first time against Tony.

"What'll happen?" you whisper to him.

Steve shakes his head. "I guess we'll find out soon."

Clint gets up from the table, pushing his chair back fast enough it scratches the floor. "Okay, before I get swept up in this mess, I'm going to just come out and say it. I want out." He turns to Steve, and adds, "Cap, I'm retiring. I want a generous pay per capita, and nobody calling in to chill on weekends."