Baby Take My Hand >> Pietro Maximoff (Quicksilver) X Reader

Title: Baby Take My Hand

Paring: Pietro Maximoff (Quicksilver) X Reader

Warnings: none? Idk. just death lol

Spoilers: none 

Sequel: yes, to Don't Fear The Reaper. After this, you might want to read the third one in this series, Baby, She Had No Fear

__________________________________________________________________________________

The following week, you stay in the bed. The doctors all say you're fine - a freak medical miracle! - but you don't feel fine. You feel - something. Off? Dazed? It's like you've touched something so pure and raw and you're blinded in the aftermath of the fallout. But no matter what, you're in bed. And everyone, naturally, is worried.

Outside your door, Tony and Clint exchange words as if you can't hear them through the thin walls. "What is - something is wrong with _______."

"Dude, she just woke up from a coma," Tony chastens him. "Don't be that guy."

Clint must have shrugged, because that was a very Clint thing to do. Then, "Okay, but someone has to wake her out of whatever she's in. It's like she's...I don't know, dying too? She hasn't spoken in days, Tony."

There's a knock, and you turn to the door. Slowly, you sit up a little in the bed, and flick the switch that Tony installed behind your bedhead, that allows entry to people when you're awake. Tony, and Clint enter, just like your ears had picked up. They're wearing their work-out gear for training, and for a moment you wonder if you can suggest to Clint to wear a sweatband over his forehead. It look quite becoming on him.

"Kiddo?" Tony sits on the end of your bed, and lays a hand on your legs through the sheets. "How are you feeling today?"

For a moment, you consider using sign language, it hurts so much to process words, even think them. What happened to your wordy self who had woken up a week ago? "I'm - tired," you whisper. "How's - how is - Pietro?" you wonder.

The Iron Man gives a wide smile. "He's been wondering if you'd ask for him, Pietro's been bugging us all day to see you." Tony touches a button on his watch, and a holographic projection comes over his face. "Alright, Speedy, you're allowed in."

Clint moves to the side, just as a blue blur rushes to where he had been only seconds ago. "______! Hello! I was wondering if you'd like to talk, or play cards, or both?" the speedster asked you.

"I'd - love to," you whisper.

Tony claps his hands. "Perfect. Hawkass and I'll just take a hike, leave you two crazy kids to your devices. You want Wanda and Vizh to come in too?" he asks the pair of you quickly.

"No, thank you," Pietro shakes his head.

"I think I am - dying," you confide in Pietro, just as the door clicks shut behind the two Avengers. You can't bear to watch Pietro's face fall, and you whisper quietly, "I don't want - to die."

He nods. "I know. I watched you, when Wanda summoned me," he blurts, a blush tainting his cheeks, "I fell in love with you, ______. I don't want you to die, either." You feel your face redden at his confession, but before you can comfort the fastest man alive in this universe, he adds, "I wondered if you still had communications with the bald man in the school."

You nod, and gesture to the nightstand. "Professor - Xavier. My phone."

At once, Pietro has opened your phone, and searching the contacts, dialled the number Charles Xavier had given to you for emergencies. You watch him cautiously; what kind of man, in your experience, confesses their admiration for you, and does all to save you without an ulterior motive? Okay, that was one time, and a couple of years ago, but since then you hadn't really opened up to people in a romantic way. Maybe it was caution, or just your luck, but that was to save your heart. Save your soul from hurting again.