Kiss It Better >> Frank Castle X Reader

Title: Kiss It Better

Paring: Frank Castle X Reader

Spoilers: none! I tried to not spoil anything from the show. 

Warnings: fluff, angst. The usual.

Author's note: I had this idea after watching Beauty and The Beast (2017) and if y'all know me, I love a good literary reference. Bear with me, it's not quite like the usual BATB fics you read. And if Frank is OOC please forgive me. It's been a while since I watched Daredevil.

_____________________________________________________________________________

You are what you do. And that is what Frank Castle learned. When good men go to war, they come back with shadows in their souls, that follow their footsteps to their graves. He was not a terrible man before the smell of gunpowder tickled his nose in the mornings, counting the dead as they day wore on. He had a family, his children, a loving wife. But when a good man goes to war, and live to tell the tale, more than shadows follow him home. You are what you do, and that is true. Frank Castle came home with the battle in his eyes, but fairy tales are not tales once they come true. The peacetime in his life ended by a ride with pretty ponies, and screams of those whom he loved, leaving him there, sitting in the shadow of atrocities, from his past, his present, and the offerings of future that was to come.

You are what you do. And Frank Castle, a man made of blood, and gun shells, turned into what he was inside. A beast.

Life in Hell's Kitchen was as always, interesting. Not much went on, and if something happened, it was the same news as it always was. It wasn't like the big city, not Tony Stark's side of town, for sure. While aliens were falling out of the sky shooting up cafes, Hell's Kitchen had an underground drug dealing ring, which the police were at odds trying to trace. And apart from that, everyone just worried about their next pay-packet and if they'd be able to keep their one room. Perhaps that was just you. As a neonatal nurse, you worked in the ward with the children, doing your best to make their lives and their tired parents better. The little ones who came in were never the same; there were little ones with tight curls, or bald, with all their limbs, or no, with wide smiles or long howls.

To make it clear, you were quite different than the other nurses. Perhaps it was because as a child, you had been in an accident, and ever since, had a certain...ability where you changed the behaviour of people around you. A quick Googling spree brought you to the realisation that you were like an animal, and could release a pheromone that calmed people. It worked very well when fights broke out in the ER, as you were often paged down to take care of rouges with too much adrenaline. But babies...no matter what, they made your life feel like there was a meaning. Even if you weren't ready to have your own children, seeing the babies of the couples and single parents, the little ones who were off to be adopted away, the ones who had not yet been taken, it made your day. And you made theirs, thanks to your gift.

But, life in Hell's Kitchen, despite your day job and the goings-on of city, was as always, interesting. After bouts of violence, a vigilante named Daredevil rose to the street, and for once, it made you feel like you could at least walk home after a shift at night, without the cold stare of a person lurking in the dark upon the back of your neck. Babies grew up, babies got better, and like the circle of life, more babies were born – and your position continued in the Metro-General Hospital.