Sparrow Woman >> Sam Wilson X Reader

Title: Sparrow Woman

Paring: Sam Wilson X Reader

Warnings: one swear word! I'm sorry. 

Spoilers: just civil war, folks.  This is a sequel to Birdman.

___________________________________________________________________________

"-bitch!"

Your eyes widen, and you slap your husband's hand lightly in response to his outburst. From across the coffee table, Natasha gives you a raised brow, smiling into her beer. To be fair, it wasn't Sam's fault he swore; it was everyone who kept making him fall down the snake right before the end of the game. 

"Sorry, baby," he murmurs. 

His brow is set and eyes hard, staring down Vision who somehow doesn't understand the objective of the game isn't to knock down opponents, but win. The android sits with Wanda tucked into his side, curled up with her phone against her chest. You hold onto your sigh; the poor child has been like this, ever since the internment. 

"Who wants a taquito?" Tony saunters in with platter. "Thought I'd make food to make it officially a party."

You roll your eyes. "Tony, not everything you do needs to be a party."

He nods. "But I needed to celebrate! Guys, guess that awesome thing has just happened to me?"

Clint doesn't look up from moving his checker up a ladder. "Your net worth has doubled?"

Steve rubs his face. "You've been forced to apologise for the mess that the last month has gotten us in?"

"No," Tony frowns. "Doesn't anyone have an idea..."

From the other couch, Scott raises his hand. He's busy showing Peter how to do something very mechanical and very quantum quietly, and suddenly, the dark haired man bursts to life. "You've got your girl back. Salt. No, wait that isn't her name....ugh..."

Sam's frown transmogrifies into the warm, loving smile you fell for. "Good on you, man! That's great!" Wrapping his arm around you, he adds, "It's a great feeling, having your girl by your side again." Bruce Banner looks up from his science magazine, over to Natasha. From the corner of your eye, you see her shoot daggers at him, and drink the rest of her beer in peace. "Isn't it, baby?"

Leaning in, you rub your nose against Sam's neck, breathing in the scent that is entirely Sam and entirely what you adore. "Yeah, I have to agree." 

"Come celebrate with snakes and ladders, Tony." Nat drains her beer. "I'm flaying Sam at it. You'll win in no time." 

Beside you, Sam rolls his eyes. "Well, you might be the champion at this, Widow, but I will kick yo' ass at Monopoly." 

From across the table, Bucky nods. "Yeah, Sam's pretty good at that. Come on, Tony, just play the goddamn game and have some fun." 

Steve nods, glancing to Buck. "You've got to celebrate being back together." 

Sliding your fingers between Sam's, you nod. "No hard feelings?" 

Tony nods, sliding down to sit beside Nat and Clint. "No hard feelings."