Liar, Liar, Pants On Fire >> Loki Laufeyson X Reader

Title: Liar Liar Pants on Fire

Paring: Loki X Reader

Warnings: none!

Spoilers: none!

_______________________________________________________________________________

Before you wake, you notice there are voices all around you. Their words run onto each other, into circles in a cycle that confuses you. You're not sure why you are asleep in the first place, the last thing you can remember was your desk at work, waiting for more jobs to complete from your boss -

"Should we tell her?" you catch onto these words, and frowning, you force your eyes ajar. He has curly hair, and glasses. He stands beside your bed, flanked by many other people you also do not know. "It's a miracle she's alive."

A taller man coughs. "Uh, if it happened to me, I'd sure as hell want it."

"No, you would not," your mouth opens, words tumbling out. "You would rather find out on your own, in a controlled environment."

The room is still. Your eyes finally see the room, and gauge the numbers that surround you. There are familiar faces, a few people you've seen on TV - wait, they're not D-List celebrities hosting the after midnight shopping channel. These are the Avengers.

"Holy crap, what just happened?" you cover your mouth.

There's the beeping of a heart rate monitor nearby, but you're not focusing on the steadily increasing pace of the annoying beeps. You're watching the faces of these people you know by their public superhero alias watch you like you're E.T. or something straight out of American Horror Story. Not the standard, run-of-the-mill personal assistant civilian you really are. Were?

"You're currently under the influence of something a bad, bad man made to do bad things with," a man with white hair speaks up. He wears a plaid blue shirt, and eyes you with his dark eyes. "Nothing to worry about."

"Pietro," a shorter brunette hisses.

You shake your head. "That's...that's not quite true, is it?" you wonder.

The man with curly hair...Dr. Bruce Banner!  shakes his head. "You're most certainly right, Miss __________ ________. We aren't sure you remember the accident, but enemies of your boss, Mr. Richards approached your place of work quite late last Thursday evening, and tried to initiate a fight. Quite unfortunately, instead of attacking your boss, he targeted you."

You nod. "That sounds better, Dr. Banner. So, this...thing I have, this knack..."

The taller man - Tony Stark! Why hadn't you recognised him sooner, his face and facial hair was plastered to every billboard, newspaper, subway poster in town, heck, there was a huge flashing picture of him outside your apartment! - he gave you a sad smile. "It's now officially your superpowers, Miss ________. You, as you've shown to us, have the ability to tell the truth, and find it."

It isn't until a week later when you make it back to work. Johnny is standing by the doorman, and before you know it, he's confessed that he's supposed to break it to you lightly that you've been given some time off from work to recover from your accident, about six to eight weeks, please don't tell his sister that he blurted it all out before you made it up the stairs. You understand. Johnny, despite his habit as being a famed womanising king (send to Tony Stark), really gets you, and promises to call you up to check on you while you're away.