Chapter - 15 (TU MERA HUMDARD)

Navniti Residence :
Nandini in her room..she knows..manik left..but he will come back for sure..her heart saying only this..well..she isn't wrong at all..
The only difference is..this time..he will come back..for her..not to take her with him..but to take her...to herself...yes!..this time..he might make her collide with her soul master..
Nandini : "kitna ajeeb sa rishta hai hamara manik..na mai tumse door reh sakti hoon..aur naa he kareeb.."...she said while sitting down on the bed..grabbed the teddy bear..and hugged it..as tight as she can..tears rolling down from her eyes..
On the other hand ...
Manik is in car..Dhruv was driving and he was sitting right beside him..looking outside...
Manik : " bas..Nandini..ab mere gunaaho ki saza tum nahi kataogi..mai tumhare kareeb to nhi reh Sakta..par tumhara saya...jarur ban sakta hoon.."..he thought while looking outside...
Then slowly he took out a anklet from his pocket..the same silver anklet..which he picked up..from the N.G.O ..when it was burned...
Dhruv was observing manik's every move..how lovingly ..manik was touching the anklet..looking at it..with utmost love and care...sometimes..making the melodious sound out of it..and gave a sweet smile...
Dhruv : "kitne ajjeeb hai yeh dono.. EK DUSRE KE BINA JEE NAHI SAKTE..PAR..EK DUSRE KE SATH BHI NHI REH SAKTE..itni kashish toh sirf..SACCHI MOHABBAT mei ho sakti hai.. ."... He thought while driving ...whereas manik was busy in playing with her anklet..
Outside Malhotra Mansion :
Manik trance broke by the continuous call of Dhruv...
Manik : " haan..kuch kaha?"...he said abruptly...
Dhruv : "manik ..ghar aa gaya..".. He said after placing his hand on manik's shoulder...
Manik : chuckled sarcastically and said " GHAR?.."...Then he continued.. "Ghar wo hota hai Dhruv..jahan apka koi apna ho..jahan apka koi intezaar karta ho.."... He said witha heavy heart..and Dhruv can feel his pain...
Manik : " Ghar tha Dhruv..mera ghar tha...par use toh mene khud jala diya Dhruv..I burned my own house.."...he said holding tears in his eyes...and Dhruv was having no idea ..how to console him...
So he decided to play music..as manik always find peace in music...
Dhruv when turned on the music system..a sweet melodious voice came out from the sterio..which instantly touched manik's heart...
Dhruv : "am sorry..I don't know..yeh CD..yahan kese aa gayi.."... He instantly apologize.. After listening the voice..he was about to stop..but manik hold his hand mid way..looking at the sterio...
Manik : "that's NANDINI'S VOICE..".. he said cheerfully... And Dhruv smiled...that atleast manik smiled...
Manik was listening the music..with his eyes closed.. Feeling her with him..he actually found his solace...in her voice...
After sometime..when song ended..manik opened his eyes..and thought...
Manik : " thank you..ab mai janta hoon..mujhe kahan se shuruaat karni hai.."...a smile appeared on his lips...he moved out of the car..with great difficulty.. Dhruv wanted to give him..support ..but manik strictly denied.. And he himself ..went inside..balancing himself..bearing all the pains..
Manik's Room :
Soon manik reached his room..and Dhruv away in his car...thinking about both of them...
Manik sat back on his bed..resting his head on the headboard of bed...just then he received a call..it was kajal...
Manik : "hello.."..his voice was very law..as due to continuous walking..his legs were paining very badly..and the burning sensation..was unbearable...
It only took a second for kajal..to figure out..in how much pain he is..
Kajal : " have you lost it manik..bina bataye kyu chale Gaye the..halat dekhi hai apni..theek se bol bhi nhi paa rahe ho..."...she literally shouted on him..whole he smiled broadly...he was quiet ..listening all her scoldings...
Kajal sensed...he isn't saying anything...she was worried...
Kajal : "manik..manik..you ok na..kuch bol kyu nhi rahe ho.."... She asked..very worriedly...
Manik : smiled " kitne saalo baad..kisi ne hak jataya hai..hak se danta hai..it feels good.. "..he said with a smile..which reflects the peace of his heart..
We actually crave for love..no matter how hard we deny..but..we all crave for it..in any manner.. if it comes to us..we just want to cherish it..keep it..bind it..with us..and same is happening with Manik..in all these 3 years..he was alone.. nobody was there.. to scold him..to look after him..but today.. he found.. someone back.. his sister..his best friend kajal..that too..only because of HIS STAR..Nandini..
Kajal who was till now standing in her room..sat back on the bed..after listening manik's words..she can feel..how much alone he is..but the thing is..he is responsible..for this loneliness.. She can't do anything for him..but can guide him..to choose the right path this time..
Kajal : " manik..I know..you need HER..she also needs YOU manik..sirf tum he use uske dard se alag kar sakte ho.."..she calmly explained him..and he listened each her words carefully ...
Manik : "janta hoon kajal..I committed a sin..am her culprit..but she is punishing herself..I won't let her suffer..."..he said looking at the ceiling...
Kajal : " lagta hai..mera bhai samjhdaar ho gaya hai.."..she said with a smile..on which he also smiled..
Kajal : "manik..Jo Hume dard deta hai na..aksar usi ke pas us dard ki dawa bhi hoti hai..hum kitni bhi koshish kyu na karle..magar hum us dard se azaad nhi ho pate ..pata hai kyu..kyunki..hum us shaks sent door nhi Jana chahte..jisne wo dard.. Hume diya.."... She explained...him...which is very necessary...
When we need someone..then if there is no one..the pain only increases..but if somebody..even talks with you..explain things..in a rightful manner...then only..we get to understand things ..a bit more..and a bit better...
Here for manik..there is kajal...who will..explain him..the fragility of the situation.. And the need of the circumstances... So that he can take a wise decision this time...
Manik : " tum thek keh rahi ho kajal..HUM DARD SE AUR DARD HUMSE..TAB TAK JUDA NHI HOTA ..JAB TAK..HUM KISI KE HUMDARD NHI BANTE.."..he said taking Nandini's photo in his hand..from the side of his table...
Manik : "aur ab mai uska humdard banuga..Maine use yeh dard diya hai..ab mai he use is dard se alag bhi karunga..taki wo khud se mil pae.."..he said looking at Nandini's smiling face...
Kajal smiled ...as after a long time..she can hear ..a determination in his voice...
Kajal : " then..all I can say is ..all the best.."..she said cheerfully.. He smilingly said "I need it..",.. And both hung up the call...
Manik : " tum hamesha se meri humdard thi Nandini..humesha..tumne mujhe protect kiya..ab meri baari hai.."...he said after dropping a kiss on the pic...and placed the pic on his chest ...
(Background Music) :
Pal, do pal, ki hi kyun hai zindagi
Iss, pyar, ko hai sadiyaan kaafi nahi
Toh khuda se maang lun
Mohalat main ik nayi
Rehna hai bas yahaan
Ab door tujhse jaana nahi
(Manik's eyes were closed..he was reminiscing..their past encounters...their 1st met...a smile appeared on his lips..when he recalled..Nandini being in his arms..in the very 1st meeting...he said... kash wo waqt wahi tham jata... )
Jo tu mera humdard hai
Suhaana har dard hai
Jo tu mera humdard hai...
(he picked the pic..from his chest..and looked at nandini's pic...very lovingly..with a smile on his face.. ab tak..tumne mera dard bata tha..now i will share your pain.. he said touching her face..lovingly...)
Teri muskurahatein hain taaqat meri
Mujhko inhi se ummeed mili
Chaahe kare koi sitam ye jahaan
Inme hi hai sadaa hifaazat meri
Zindagani badi khoobsurat hui
Jannat ab aur kya hogi kahin...
(Nandini came inside the secret room..and locked the door behind...she opened the cupboard..and took out some of their pictures...in which manik smiling broadly...she saw a picture..in which she was eating ice cream..and manik making a baby face..as she didn't let him eat..she caressed his face with a smile...)
Jo tu mera Humdard hai
Suhaana har dard hai
Jo tu mera Humdard hai
(Nandini then saw the next pic..in which..she was sitting on the floor..while manik was sitting in front of her..her feet was in his hands..and he was wrapping bandage on it..which clearly indicates..that she was injured... mere dard se tumhe bhi dard hota tha..fir itna bada dard kese de diya tumne mujhe manik... she said..as a tear rolled down from her eyes..and directly fall on the pic...)
Teri dhadkano se hai zindagi meri
Khwahishein teri ab duaaein meri
Kitna anokha bandhan hai ye
Teri meri jaan jo ek hui
Lotunga yahaan tere paas main haan
Waada hai mera mar bhi jaaun kahin...
(he was sitting on his bed...looking at her smiling face.. itna khoobsoorat rishta...kyu barbaad kar diya maine.. he thought..while looking some of their pictures...in which both are happy than anything...he then promised himself...he will come back this time...to give all her happiness back in her life..which she deserves...)
Jo tu mera humdard hai
Suhaana har dard hai
Jo tu mera humdard hai
(screen split..into two parts..in left side ..there is nandini..looking at manik's pic..whereas in right side..there is Manik..looking at nandini's pic...)
Manik : "i still remember..how you always...make me out of every trouble..even tab bhi..when you and me..weren't friends..."...he then lay down on the bed and start reminiscing their past..
(PAST) :
It's been..two weeks..Nandini joined the dazzle college..manik and Nandini..both came face to face..a lot of time ..
Manik doesn't like Nandini at all...as god knows..from where she always land up..when he is flirting with girls..and she always make a disgusting face..which really irritates him to core..
She witnessed a lot of time..manik being cozy with girls..in a corner...and thats the soul reason ..she doesn't like him at all...
Both of them...can't even stand in front of each other..not for a second..
Nandini was in class today..all alone..as mukti went to Jaipur in the morning..and aaliya had to leave for noida with rishab...due to some designing works..
Nandini was calmly. .making notes..when..she heard ...group of girls..talking..sitting on the last bench..as the whole class was empty..so it was very easy to hear.. What they all were talking..
1st Girl : "you know what maya..last night.. Manik and me..."..she was telling while blushing...
Maya: "Mahira ..you and manik..did you guys DID IT??"... she asked curiously.. While Nandini was making disgusting looks...
Mahira : " are no yaar..we didn't did it yet..but he kissed Me...madly..and he is a great kisser yaar..he tastes so yummy.."..she was explaining licking her lips...
Maya : "tu toh bahut lucky Nikkli..".. She said cheerfully..." So you both love each other?"...she asked and this question drew nandini's attention..more towards them...
Mahira: "no yaar..love and all..is not my cup of tea..or wese bhi ..I only want to be with him in his bed...for one night..that's it..and after that ..I can claim..that he forcefully did all that..as he is a trustee's soon..toh apni repo bachane ke liye..wo kuch bhi karega..and then..I will play the trump card...I will make him my boyfriend..and will get enough money from him ..honey...".. She explained her whole plan..with a smirk...while Nandini was shocked...to hear all this..
Nandini : " kesi ladki hai..how can someone stoop so low.."..she thought making a disgusting look...maya pointed towards..Nandini..who was sitting facing her back to them..and mahira also look at her...
Maya : "isne hamari batei sun to nhi li?".. She asked mahira..on which..she made a I don't know look...
Both stood up and walked towards Nandini...when they reached towards her..they both saw..there were headphones ..in Nandini's ears..which was a sign ..that she must be listening to music...both took a deep sigh of relief..and left out from there...
Nandini plug out earphones ..as soon as they left out...actually..its her habbit..she always listen music whenever she is alone..but today..she placed earphones in her ears.. But didn't plug in the songs...as she was making notes..and what if..something went wrong..as music always takes her to another world...
Nandini : " I think..mujhe us akdu..rude..manik .KO ek baar warn Karna chahiye..."..with this she packed her stuff in her bag..and left out from the class..in the search of manik...
After a lot of search..she found him..practicing in the jamming room..she without any delay..went inside ...and closed the door..he looked at her ..with shocking expression..
Manik : "tum?".. He shouted..she folded her hands around her body and glare at him...
Nandini : "Han..mai.."... She said giving perfect competition in frowning and glaring..
Manik : " tum ho kyu?"...he said irritatingly.. Walking towards her..after placing guitar on the table...
Nandini : "what do you mean by..mai hoon kyu?..han...".. She asked walking towards him..frowning..
Soon both of them reached to each other...and giving angry glare to each other...
Sometimes..we don't like peoples..and we just don't want a appropriate reason for it..we just don't like them..and something is like this only..between these two..they have thousands of reason..but still..no reason..to dislike each other..
Manik : "listen you...".. He pointed finger towards her..she with her finger..entwined their fingers..and looked at him angrily..
Nandini : " Nandini..Nandini moorthy.."..she said looking in his eyes..
Manik : "whatever..".. He said rolling his eyes upwards..and both left their fingers..
Nandini : " listen..I just came here to warn you..that's all.."..she said moving in her right side..giving a side wise look to him..he turned around..she was standing wrapping her arms around her body...
Manik : "what?..come again..".. He said in confusion..she looked at him now.." Warn..and that too..MANIK MALHOTRA..subah subah pee rakhi hai kya?"...he asked maintaining his persona..she narrowed her gaze and looked at him with a frown..
Nandini : "Mr.manik malhotra..pehli baat..Maine pee nhi rakhi..aur dusri baat..agar tumhe sunni hai meri baat..toh suno..warna...mujhe koi...".. But before she can complete.. He start laughing loudly..she was firstly..confused..
Nandini : " mujhse keh raha tha..Maine pee rakhi hai..nashe mei to yeh lag raha hai..."..she said in a low down..he suddenly stopped laughing and came very near to her face..making a serious tone..and making her scare...
Manik : "don't you know..manik malhotra kisi ki nhi sunta...".. He said coming close to her face..she tilted her head back..as he was leaning on her..
Nandini : " mai..bas..."..she was about to say..when suddenly ..she lost her balance..and was about to fall..when he hold her tightly..she was in his protective arms...
Their eyes met..and once again..she start drowning in his deep dark brown eyes...from the day one..there is something..she feels in his eyes..as if..he says something else..and his eyes..means something else..she feels connected with them..and there is always a curiosity..in her..to read them..
Manik : "lagta hai..tumhe meri baahon mei rehne ka bahut shok hai..".. He said with a smirk..and her trance broke down..she instantly moved out of his arms..
Nandini : " manik malhotra..mai bas yahan yeh kehne aayi thi..that..tumhari wo part time girlfriend.. MAHIRA..she is trying to frame you..so beware tonight..."..she clearly said not looking at him and he was hell confused as well as shocked...
Manik : "and you think ..am gonna believe you?".. He asked..raising his eyebrows..
Nandini : " I don't even give a damn ..whether you believe me or not..I just thought..to warn you..bas..baki..your wish..your choice..as its your life..and am no one to tell you anything..or waise bhi..."...she was about to say more..when he suddenly joined his hands in front of her and bow his head down...
Actually till now..he was listening..no ..no..actually bearing all her rantings..but not any longer..
Manik : "kitna bolti ho yaar tum..".. He said raising his head a little..she narrowed her eyes brows and look at him.. " mai samjh gaya ..MERI MAA..now..could you please leave..I have to practice.."..he said very calmly but in a frustrating tone..
She gave a deadly glared to him..and left out like a storm...
Manik : "god!! Kitna bolti hai..aur itna toh meri khudki MAA bhi mujhe nhi samjhati...".. he said looking towards the gate..and then again sat down..and tuned his guitar but then thought...
Manik : " sahi toh nhi keh rahi thi Woh..messing with manik malhotra...MAHIRA SETHA..not good for your health.."..he thought ..and actually he believed her..believed on a girl..he doesn't like at all. ..may be a start of new relationship...
He then made some calls..and again start practicing...
Nandini : "akdu kahika..samjhta kya hai khudko..ek toh mai use warn karne gayi..abd what did he called me..MAA..ahhh!..so wanna kill that jerk...all time flirt..".. She said while walking in the corridor... Talking to herself..then her thoughts again halted for a min and she start reminiscing herself in his arms...
Nandini : " something is there is his eyes..something very deep.."..she thought..for a while..but chucked all..and left out from the college...
(PRESENT) :
Manik : "ek wo waqt tha ..jab tumhe sunna acha nhi lagta tha..aur ek aaj ka waqt hai..jab tumhari awaj sunne ke liye taras raha hoon...".. He thought..looking towards the ceiling...
Nandini was also recalling the same day...
" tumhari aankhon mei kabhi jhooth dekh he nhi payi mai..I wish..tumhari aankhon mei ..kabhi dekha he na hota.."..she said in a sad and a painful tone...