Chapter 29A(City of pain)

Mussorie's airport :
Nandini finally came back to the same place from where she ran away 3 years back..a place which broke everything inside her..a place which snatched her everything..a place which was her birth place..and today..this place only gives pain to her heart and soul...
Till now she didn't knew that they all are going to Mussorie..and when they reached the airport..she was shocked..
Nandini : "RJ hum yahan kyu aaye hai?..".. She asked while standing outside the airport in the parking area...
RJ removed his glares and looked at her " Nandini..the album is suppose to happen here only..."...he told in his soft voice..on which Nandini didn't replied anything..
He opened the car's back door for Nandini but she was lost somewhere..Navya placed her hand on Nandini's shoulder...
Navya : "Nandini..".. She called her softly and this broke the trance of Nandini..
Nandini : " hmmm.."..she said in which navya gestured her to sit inside the car..she gave the weak smile to navya and sat down..soon navya also occupied seat next to her..and RJ drove away the car straight to his recording studio...
The car passed by the dazzle college...the same college where Nandini met manik...just when her eyes fell on the college's gate..her first encounter with manik came in front of her..
How on the very first day of her college..she fell down in manik's arm...how in the first meeting itself..she felt a connection with him...
Nandini : "kitni ajeeb baat hai..hum kitni bhi koshish karle..un cheezo se door jaane ki Jo Hume dard deti hai..kabhi na kabhi toh hum laut ke wahi aa jate hai..this city had snatched a lot from me..and today am back here..but I now I have nothing to loose..."... She thought while looking outside the window..some tears welled up In her eyes..but she wore the glasses and wiped off all the tears...
Its strange..how we run away from our own pain ..but sooner or later we again collide with it..it's a saying that ...what goes around comes around...a story which was left incomplete in this city 3 years back..may be will get a new dimension in this city itself ...may be two people who are binding so much pain inside themselves..they will be able to get a reason to cope up with that pain...
Mussorie airport :
Manik's flight also land up on the same place where he lost everything because of his so called male ego..he came out while his guards were providing sheild to him..which he doesn't want..as he think..that he is a killer..and a killer needs to be punished not to have any security...
Manik : "Jo kahani yaha adhuri reh gayi thi..use shayad yaha ek nayi shuruaat mil jae..".. He thought while looking straight ...he wore his glares and sat inside the car..while the driver drove him away to his place...
RJ's Studio :
(Aditya Roy Kapoor as Rahul jaykar)
RJ : "that's my small sa studio..hope you like it.."...he showed the big giant fully ventilated studio to NavNi...
Navya : "aap ise small bol rahe hai?.."...she said with a smile on which he gave the smile back..but he saw nandini looking at the side wall..which had all the pics of rock stars of 2015 on it..
Nandini came towards the wall closer..and saw manik's picture on the mid of wall...he was having a guitar in his hand...that smile on his face was peaceful...he was smiling wholeheartedly ...she traced the picture with her cold hands...
RJ : "yeh pic 3 years purani hai nandini...that was his first recording..bahut khush tha woh us din..but after that maine esi peaceful smile kabhi nahi dekhi uske face pe..."...he told after coming towards nandini...he was standing behind her..that's why her tears went unnoticed by him...
Nandini : "shayad use pata chal gaya tha..ki usne kisi aur ki smile cheen li hai.."...she said in a low voice which wasn't clearly audible to RJ...
RJ : "kuch kaha tumne?.."...he asked with little confusion...
Nandini : "nothing..andar chale?.."..she said after wiping off her tears and they went inside the recording area...
Navya came towards the picture..and looked at Manik's pic...very keenly...
Navya : "kyu tumne tum dono ke beech itni dooriyan kar li Manik..tumhari ek galti aur dekho aaj tum dono kaha ho.."...she said looking at the pic..and unknowingly a lone tear escaped from her eyes..she wiped it off instantly and walked inside the recording area...
Recording area :
Nandini and RJ first entered inside it..and nandini saw the whole area...it was really beautiful..but she wasn't looking at the beauty of the era..she was thinking that once Manik also had came here..for his first recording...
RJ saw her eyes..it was like those eyes were wandering all over the area..to feel something..then suddenly her eyes fell on the sound proof room...where the singers record their songs...
Nandini : "kya mai andar jaa sakti hoon.."...she asked looking at RJ...who just smiled and said...
RJ : "all yours...go.."...he said with a big broad smile on his face..all this was seen by Navya..she was feeling a emptiness in nandini's eyes...
Nandini entered inside it ...and touched the mike...and instantly she recalled manik's words...
(FLASHBACK)
Manik and nandini sitting in the canteen of their college..and discussing something..
Manik : "Nandini i want to be biggest singing superstar..aur tum dekhna jis din mai ek bahut badha singer ban jaunga na..toh sab kuch bilkul perfect hoga.."...he said in enthusiastic tone..
Nandini : "manik..i wish us din mai tumhe jarur dekh pau.."...she said while looking at his smiling face...
Manik : "are maa..tum kaha jaungi..you will be at my every step...after all ..you are my MAA.."...he called her MAA deliberately just to irritate her..and it worked...
She grabbed her bag..and threw it on him..but he catch it...and laughed...
Nandini : "i will not leave you ..donkey..mujhe maa kaise bola.."...she shouted and manik ran out to save his life..while nandini chase him...and whole college witness their regular tom n jerry fight...
( FLASHBACK END)
A tear fell down from her eyes...when she recalled that day...how her life is twisted today..everything was perfect and one wrong move obliterate everything...
Nandini without any second thought wore the micro phones and start singing..while RJ saw her from the outside...
(ignore the girl..)
He instantly walked towards the keyboard..to plug in the speakers just to listen her voice...while she started her song...
aankho mein tere sayeh
chahu toh naa paye
yado se teri fasla haye
jake bhi tu naa jaye
thehara tu dil mein haye
hasrat sa banke kyu bhala
(she start singing with galore pain in her voice..which gave shivers to RJ who was listening her voice..standing outside ...she was singing recalling everything about manik...the pain of her heart was visible in her voice...the pain which is buried inside in her heart is clearly visible in the lyrics ...in her voice..)
kyu yaad karti hu
mitti hu banti hu
mujhko tu laya yeh kaha
benaam rishta
benaam rishta bechian karta ja
ho ruk sake jo darmiya
darmiya darmiya darmiya
kuch toh tha tere mere darmiya
darmiya darmiya darmiya
kuch toh tha tere mere darmiya
(she recalled manik's betrayal..his back stabs..she felt as if she will collapse right there..every thing from her past was only destroying her...and that scream of her heart came outside in form of a painful song..she was singing without caring about lyrics..whatever her state of heart is..it was depicting in the lyrics...)
kuch toh tha tere mere darmiya
(she sang the last line after closing her eyes...with enormous love and pain...)
RJ : "kitna dard hai iski awaj mei..aesa lagta hai jese she is hiding something in her music.."...he said looking inside at Nandini..
Navya : "pyaar se badha koi dard nahi hota.."...she exclaimed looking inside ..now RJ looked at Navya..but before he could ask anything..Nandini came outside...
Nandini : "am sorry..i just sang..without your permission..."...she said in a low voice..so RJ just laughed at her sorry...but only to cheer her up..
RJ : "Nandini ji..mujhe toh laga ap mera sterio check karhi thi..ki sahi function kar raha hai ya nahi.."...he said with a broad smile...and his humor brought a smile on her lips...
Nandini : "thank you..for doing all this,..for me..."...she thanked him wholeheartedly...
RJ : "Thanks to you..for accepting my offer.."...he said this time in a bit serious tone but with a broad smile..on which nandini also smiled back..
Navya who was looking all this was thinking something else too..and she said something which stunned RJ...
Navya : "kya koi kisi se itna pyaar kar sakta hai ki uske liye apna sab kuch chor de..khudko he barbaad karde.."...she said absent mindedly..
Nandini : "woh pyaar he kya..jisme khudko fannah kar jaane ka junoon na ho.."... she answered before RJ could say anything..he again saw something in her eyes..but she covered it up by a fake smile on her face,..which was real for everyone else..
RJ thought it won't be a nice thing to ask her anything..so he thought to divert the topic...
RJ : "album launch aaj hai..aaj raat ...and i forgot to tell you the name of the album..it's .. ANKAHI.. "...he announced and the album's name alarmed nandini...
Nandini : "ANKAHI.."... she repeated and recalled how in SPACE..manik announced his album's name for which they were finding a female voice...
Screen split into two parts..on extreme left there was RJ..on exreme right there was Manik..and in mid there was Nandini...
What changes this night is going to bring in their lives??