Chapter - 22

Nandini's Room (Past) :
Don't know..when she slept ..holding that teddy in her arms..it's a new morning..as today..everything going to change forever..and ever..
Sun rays fall on her face..but when she opened her eyes..she wasn't able to open them fully..as due to continuous crying in yesterday night..her eyes were badly swelled..anyone can figure out that she cried very badly..she opened her eyes somehow..and next she was having a very bad headache..she sat back..closed her eyes..she was so not in the mood of opening her eyes..she held her head..and start pressing her forehead...
Nandini : "aahhh!.. It's paining..".. She said in utmost pain and soon she start recalling what yesterday happened..she saw Manik..and again tears start brimming in her eyes unknowingly..
The best part of morning is..those few minutes.. When you don't even remember the worst part of yesterday..but as soon as those moments came in front of your eyes..you start wishing..that.. kash raat kabhi khatam he na hoti.. ..and something like this only happened with Nandini..
She then went inside the washroom..and came out for taking a steamy hot shower..as its really a foggy weather..so college was off..she then made coffee for herself and came back in her room..she was trying her best to avoid looking at anyone..as her eyes were telling the story for yesterday night..her swollen red eyes..telling everything..
As of now..Aaliya shifted to noida..as she received a very great proposal of designing.. And mukti had to leave for Jaipur as her parents shifted there..she doesn't wanted to go leaving Nandini alone..but Nandini herself sent her to Jaipur...
Nandini start sipping her coffee..reminiscing everything..manik's sudden changed behavior.. His ignorance..his disappearance.. And then his come back..she had so many questions in her heart..but she wasn't able to grab that much courage..to confront him..
What if..he again ignore her..what if..he wasn't ready to give any explanation to her..but in this 7 months..she actually realized one thing..and that is..SHE LOVES HIM..and if he is happy without her..then she is more than happy for him..but yesterday when she saw him..there was again a storm inside Her..which needs to calm down..
Its 12 p.m now..and the sun start shining to the fullest..it was immense cold so she thought to sit in her balcony on the swing..
Just then..she heard her phone's ring..she instantly get inside the room..and what number it flashes in front of her eyes..made her freeze on her spot..it was MANIK..
So many thoughts start running in her mind..on the very moment..Why he is calling?..is he is fine?..he wants to talk with me?..or By mistaken he dialed my number?.. But keeping all her thoughts in a side..she answered the call..
Nandini : "hello..".. She said in a soft voice..her heart beat was running fast.. Her hands were shivering badly..
Manik : " hello.."..and just when she heard his voice after long 7 months ..she felt like ..she fell right there...
Manik : "kaisi ho Nandini?".. His voice was shaky..and soft..and most importantly ..his voice was very formal...
Nandini : " mai theek hoon manik..tum kese ho?"..she tried her best to act normal..but deep down she knew..that something big is going to happen..
Manik : "2 minute baat kar sakti ho?.."..he said after a small silence..she was very confused..he never talk like this ...something is definitely wrong with him...
Nandini : " Han..bilkul kar sakti hoon..ese kyu puch rage ho?"..she tried to behave totally normal...
And he was silent..for long 2 minutes..he didn't uttered anything..not even a single word..and by each passing second..she was only dying..
Nandini : "hello manik..".. She said breaking the silence..but next what she heard..broke her...shooked her to the core..
Manik : " m soorryyy...".._he said and start crying badly ...his sobbing..his hiccups..she can feel everything..at first she wasn't able to believe that..MANIK MALHOTRA actually crying so badly that to in front of her...
Nandini : "manik..kya hua hai?..kuch bataoge..please manik..you are scaring me..please chup ho jao..and why you are saying sorry?"..his one sob and she forgot all her pain..that she went through all these months without him..all the pain she suffered when he used to ignore her..
Manik : " mai ..mai..bahh..uu..tt...bbbuurra..bura hoon...I...le..efft..I left you..mujhe maaf kardo please..please mujhe maaf kardo Nandini.."..he said while crying very very badly..
Nandini : "tum kya baat karhe ho manik..you never left me..and maaf..to tab karu..jab tumne kuch kiya ho..mujhe to yaad bhi nhi..tum kis baarei mei baat karhe ho..".. She said calmly and denied everything..she start behaving like nothing happened..
Strange.. This girl..shed tears every night.. His ignorance killed her every second..yesterday she cried whole night..and even today her morning started with tears In her eyes..and here..after listening his sobbing..she forgot all the pain she went through..it didn't even took a second for her to forget all the pain..HOW MUCH LOVE SHE HAS IN HER HEART??..only this question comes in the mind of all..
Manik : " mujhe meri galtiyon ki saza mil gayi Nandini..I lost you..",..his words were killing her..she can't see him in pain and here he is screaming badly in pain..
Nandini : "manik..you didn't did anything.. Am here only..your maa is here..kuch nhi hua hai..",...she was trying her best..to calm him down..but he was only crying and crying..
And In between..he disconnected the call..and switched off..her worry crossed all the limits..when his number was switch off..
She then called aaliya and told her everything about manik's call..and aaliya told her to talk with him..but here Nandini wasn't able to talk as his number was off..
It's been 5 hours ...manik didn't called back..and neither he switched on his cell phone back..Nandini tried thousands of way to reach up to him..but she always fail..and on top of that..manik's hiccups.. His sobbing.. His helpless voice was echoing in her ears..and this was making her vulnerable.. She so wanted to go to manik..and ask him..but the weather outside..is so bad..that she just can't go..anywhere...its so foggy outside that she can't even look outside her room's window..then how can she step out of her house..
She even called Cabir to enquire about manik..but unfortunately.. He also didn't had any clue about manik's whereabouts and moreover Cabir was out of town.. Now her worries were crossing all the limits..
Nandini : "kahan ho tum manik?".. She said with a helpless tone..
Just then..she heard her phone ringing ..and without even looking at the caller id...she answered the girl..
Nandini : " manik.."..she said in a haste ..
But to her dismay..there was mukti on other end..
Mukti : "what happen?..tu manik ka naam kyu le rahi hai..",. ..she said in a worried tone..
And listening her soul sister's voice..Nandini lost all the strength ...and start crying like a small kid...and narrate the whole story to mukti ...
Mukti : " angel..relax..please..you are my google chrome..you have every solution with yourself.. And I know meri angel will make everything right..."...she tried to calm her down..and soon..Nandini stop crying..
Nandini : "Han..I will make everything right..promise..".. She said in a childish manner and mukti smiled..
Mukti : " that's like my angel.."..she said with a broad smile and Nandini also smiled back..
After they both hung up the call..Nandini was again in that same phase..where she was only thinking of manik..his eyes..those pain in them..which was unbearable for her..she lay down on her bed..and tears start brimming down from her eyes...even she wasn't understanding..why those tears were escaping from her eyes..it seems like..somewhere he is in pain..and she is shedding his part of tears...but the worst part is..today there is no one to held her hand and say..that everything will fall back at it's right place...
Nandini : "kaha ho tum manik..please talk to me..am sure..you are in pain..and here am in pain..please aa jao manik..please.."...she said while a lone tear escaped from the corner of her eyes...
And she start reminiscing his those painful eyes..his sobbing sound..his huccups...only his pain was piercing her heart..she being such a pure soul..forgot all those 7 months..that she spent without him..in pain..crying all nights..today..she is feeling only one thing.. HIS PAIN...
Nandini : "please manik..please..come back to your maa.."...she said and start crying more badly..hugging the teddy close to her body...
It's so weird..that once if someone gives us a name just to tease us..sometimes later..that mere name..becomes the definition of you...that mere small word..becomes so important for you..that you yourself start craving to listen it once more..you start addressing yourself with that name only..and here MAA word..gives immense pleasure to nandini..she is dying to listen that again from him..she is dying to hug him..once again..she just want to go back in that time..where they both were together..and were happy ...with each other..
(Background Music)
Tum bin kya hai jeena, kya hai jeena
Tum bin jiya jaaye kaise
Kaise jiya jaaye tum bin
Sadiyon se lambi hain raatein
Sadiyon se lambe hue din
Aa jaao lautkar tum, yeh dil keh raha hai...
(she start recalling all those nights without him..when she used to miss him..when she always tried to stop her from not sending text to him..but always end up texting him..she was feeling like something is pricking in her heart very badly..as if..somebody snatched everything from him..Manik crying so badly in front of her..was causing enormous pain in her fragile heart.)
Phir shaam-e-tanhaai jaagi
Phir yaad tum aa rahe ho
Phir jaan nikalne lagi hai
Phir mujhko tadpaa rahe ho
Is dil mein yaadon ke mele hain
Tum bin bahut hum akele hain
Aa jaao lautkar tum, yeh dil keh raha hai...
(she moved out of her bed..and went straight to her window..and suddenly she heard a sound of car horn..she instantly looked outside..but nothing was there..which was expecting..tears fell down from her eyes..she wrapped a shawl around her body..a cold wind touched her face..and she closed her eyes to feel it..as if that pair of wind has came touching him..she can feel that essence in that pair of cold but peaceful wind.. kahan ho tum kid..where are you..itne door kyu ho.. a lone tear fell down her eyes..but she wiped them off)..
Kya kya na socha tha maine
Kya kya na sapne sajaaye
Kya kya na chaaha tha dil ne
Kya kya na armaan jagaaye
Is dil se toofaan guzarte hai
Tum bin to jeete na marte hai
Aa jaao lautkar tum, yeh dil keh raha hai...
(she suddenly felt a cold touch on her face..she opened her eyes..and found him standing in front of her..with that signature smirk on his face..)
(he wiped off her tears..and said.. maa.. she listening that word..forgot everything and hugged him..but in next fraction of second ..reality hit her..he wasn't there..with her..and this realization made her cry more..)
Tum bin jiya jaaye kaise
Kaise jiya jaaye tum bin
Sadiyon se lambi hain raatein
Sadiyon se lambe hue din
Aa jaao lautkar tum, yeh dil keh raha hai...
(She sat down on the floor crying badly..and start recalling all their happiest memories..how much happy they were..then why it all happened..she had no answers..but for her what matter is MANIK..he is in pain..)