Chapter 28C (Shattered soul)

Navniti Residency :
It's evening and Navya was helping Nandini in packing her stuff..as she has to leave the city today only ..for the album...as informed by RJ...
Navya : "tumhe kuch aur bhi chahiye..."...she asked and nandini with a smile nodded a no to her..Mukti who was sitting on the bed was looking at the diaries in her hand...she came towards Nandini and took those from her...
Nandini : "Mukti ..am taking them.."...she said and tried to take them back..but mukti held her hand...
Mukti : "NO! ..you are not taking any bad memory..."...she said in a stern voice...
Nandini : "Mukti..yeh memories meri need hai..jarurat hai meri...please let me take them..."...she said in a painful tone...
Mukti : "kyu nahi bhool jati use tu?..sirf dard diya hai usne aaj tak tujhe..sirf dard.."...she said in a helpless tone...
Nandini : "bhulna asaan nahi hota mukti.."...her voice pierced the heart of two standing there..
The pain of Nandini's eyes were unbearable...Mukti knows her habbit of writing is somewhere a reason of her peace..but down the line..her this habit is also a reason of her pain..which she is carrying in her heart...which she doesn't want to show..and this feeling was killing Mukti...
Nandini : "yeh dard mere jeene ki wajah hai ..."..she said in a very painful voice which only depicts the torments...
Navya : "maaf kardo MANIK ko..."...she said after coming towards Nandini...
Mukti : "NAVYA .."...she shouted as soon as she heard that line from navya..like seriously how can Navya even ask her to do this..Manik killed her..left her to die..and she is asking to forgive...
Navya : "hum isliye keh rahe kyunki..yehe sahi hai..nandini ke liye..jab tak woh manik ko maaf nahi karegi..woh khud bhi khush nahi reh payegi..."...she completed..while Nandini took those diaries back from Mukti and put it inside her bag...
Nandini : "maaf kardungi Navya..jarur kar dungi..."...she said and placed her luggage on the floor...
She hugged Mukti and Navya and RJ sent his driver to pick up Nandini...even Navya went with nandini and RJ...but Mukti stayed back..as she said she has some pending work..so she will join them later...
After bidding bye to them..Mukti looked the residency and went straight to her...she was very much in anger...the whole day came in front of her..
Mukti : "Manik malhotra..some facts should be known to you..."...she said in anger and drove back straight to his house..
Malhotra mansion :
Manik was sitting on his room's floor..tuning his guitar..a paper and pen was lying on the floor..and his eyes were badly swelled..which clearly shows how much he had cried ...the drops of his tears were fallen on the paper..spreading the ink..even that piece of small paper witnessed the worst scenario... THE MANIK MALHOTRA.. who once was a Casanova ...who was very infamous for his flirting nature..who was always busy in his own world...who never ceases to smile...is today totally shattered sitting on the floor ...like nothing is left for him..like he is feeling disgust from his own existence..
He may be cruel in past..but in present he is repenting..he did so much wrong all his life..but now he is only trying to do one good ...so that when he meet almighty any day..he would be able to make eye contact..as right now..he isn't able to face his own shadow...
But sometimes..the dirt on your clothes are so adamant that you can't wash them off..some sins have no forgiveness ...some crimes have no punishment...one can only repent..regret..that's all...but who knows..one day manik also be able to get out of this guilt...today he is not having the reason to live..but one day..almighty will definitely bless him with that reason..and may be that day..he will take a peaceful breath...
He start singing while reading from that paper...
Haan Ho Gayi Galti Mujhe Main Jaanta Hu..
Par Ab Bhi Tujhe Main Apni Jaan Maanta
Hu..
Ek Aakhri Mauka De Mujhe..
Aaj Bhi Main Tujhe Apni Shaan Manta Hu..
(His voice..his words were only depicting the pain..the crave of love...the yearning...he is starving for that love from her...he wants her back in his life..as today she is his everything...)
Sirf Saanse Hi To Baaki Hai Jb Teri Yaad Aati
Hai..
Yaad Me Teri Sath Ye Bhi Chord Jaati Hai..
Galti To Sabse Hoti Hai Galti MujhseBhi Ho
Gyi..
Ab Maaf Bhi Krde Mujhe Kyu Dur Itna Ho
Gyi..
Ek Galti Ke Liye Kyu Sath Chord Tu Kyu
Muh Mord Gyi Tu..
Kyu Be Nishaan Sa Nishaan Chord GyiTu..
(He sang wholeheartedly..his eyes were closed now..but the tears made their way...he recalled how 3 years back..she left without accusing him..she never badmouthed about him..but she actually gave him blessings...he recalled how his sins ..how is crime broke her..tears were continuously flowing out from his eyes and he was still manage to sing..)
Jab Aakhen Band Hoti Hai Bas Tu Sath Hoti
Hai..
Tere Yaado Ke Takiye Pe Bas Raat Meri Soti
Hai..
Soti Hai..
Tu Kyu Door Hai Yun Mujhse Tujhe Chahta
Hu Pure Dil Se..
Sun Le Meri Aarzoo..
(He felt someone leaned on his shoulder..and hugged him tightly..he didn't opened his eyes..as deep down he knew that its all his imagination..and by opening his eyes..he didn't wanted to ruin it...he sang the last 2 Lines with immense pain in his voice...)
Tu Hi Meri Jaan Hai Tu Hi Mera Jahaan Hai..
Tu Hi Hai Sab Kuch Mera
Adhoora Tere Bin Dil Ye Mera..
Kyu Tu Samajhti Nahi..
Ye Dil Hai Sirf Tera..
(He finally confessed his feelings in his last lines...that she is his life ..his world...his everything..he is complete without her..he just want to make her believe that his heart belongs to her only...)
As soon as completed the song..he heard the sound of clapping..and when he opened his eyes..he found mukti standing on the door..with a sarcastic smile on her face...
Manik : "mukti..."... He said and with great difficulty ..he stood up...
Mukti : " brilliant.. You sing really well..but your words were lie..."...she said and came inside...manik was quiet as he know...saying anything to her will be so not right...
Manik : "tum yaha kese??...Nandini theek to hain na..".. He said with a concerned tone...
Mukti : " look whose talking.."..she said totally mocking at him..
Mukti : "as if you care??..bahut chinta ho rahi hai uski..toh tum tab kaha the..when she was struggling between life and death... When she was fighting for her one breath...".., her words fell like a thunderstorm on him...he had no idea about that condition of Nandini...
Manik : " what do you mean.."..he asked having tears in his eyes ..
Mukti : "stop fooling me manik.. Am not Nandini...Jo tumhare in fake tears ko na pehchaan pau..".. She stopped for a while..and manik was standing there helplessly..
He had shed so many fake tears...that now his real tears are also seems like fake to others...he can't undo his past..and this he realized just now...he never thought..that one day he will be standing somewhere..from where he have no side to go...
Mukti : " Nandini when lost her baby..she was on the verge of death..."..she told the last truth from which manik wasn't aware...
Manik : "what?"... He said in shock..
Mukti : " don't be do surprise... Sirf tumhari wajah se..she was in that condition..only because of you she is suffering..she is no longer that same Nandini..we have lost her...only because of you..."...she exclaimed on high pitch voice...and her words were only piercing his heart...his heart started aching very badly..as if it will burst any moment...
Manik : "nahi.."..he said subconsciously..
Mukti : "SHE WAS ON DEATH BED BECAUSE OF YOU..YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THIS..han Manik ..sirf tum...aur aaj wo chali gayi.."...her last line made manik look at her...
Mukti : "sahi suna tumne..chali gayi woh..aur mai khush hoon ki usne yeh faisla liya..YOU KILLED HER..YOU KILLER YOUR OWN BABY..tum deserve nahi karte ...uski nafrat bhi nahi.."..she said holding only hatred for him...her every single word was pricking in his heart...
Mukti : "yeh jo kuch ho raha hai na..in sab ke responsible tum ho..sirf TUM..tumne aur aaliya ne milke meri nandini ko tod diya..ek esi ladki ko todh diya jo sirf pyaar dena janti thi...you have broke her..YOU ARE A HEARTLESS PERSON..how cunningly you ripped his soul..aur aaj 3 years baad tum consolation dekhane aaye ho..ya jatane aaye ho ki tumhe kitni parwah hai uski...seriously...3 years lage tumhe yeh samjhne mei ki kitni badi galti ki thi tumne..."...she said after grabbing his collar while he was looking downwards totally lost...as if he is only listening her words ...
Mukti : "just leave us alone Manik...please leave .."..she pleaded this time...tears escaped from her eyes...and she left manik with a jerk...and composed herself...
Mukti : "is baar i won't let you ruin her..i won't let your shadow also to fall on her...is baar meri nandini ki aankhon mei aasun aaye na MANIK MALHOTRA..toh yaad rakhna mujhse bura koi nahi hoga..."...she said in a rage and left from there...leaving a baffled manik behind...
This is it..now manik can't take anything further..this us his breaking point..those cruel words of Mukti was still ringing in his ears...
"YOU ARE A HEARTLESS PERSON..." .."YOU KILLED HER.."... "YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THIS.."... " SHE WAS ON DEATH BED BECAUSE OF YOU.. "... " YOU KILLED YOUR OWN BABY"...
All these words were haunting him...he can't believe that he became so cruel with a purest soul..he actually ripped her..broke her in millions of pieces...
Manik : "bas...please bas...".. He said in a helpless tone..putting his hands on his ears..and soon he fell down on the floor...totally shattered...no strength was Left inside him..
Kajal who came to see manik..after listening his scream..ran towards his room..and what she found next left her totally speechless...Manik ..her best friend was sitting on the floor...badly in tears...
She ran towards him and sat down in front of him..she cupped his face..
Kajal : " manik..kya hua hai?..what's wrong..."..she asked while he was looking downwards ..still weeping...
Manik : "sab khatam ho gaya Kajal..Sab khatam..Nandini chali gayi Kajal..wo chali gayi..mai ..mai nhi..mai nhi rok paya use..mai ..."... He said and next he start crying like a small kid... His weeping sounds were unbearable...
Kajal : " manik..please chup ho jao..please manik..bataoge mujhe hua kya hai..."...she said in confusion as she wasn't understanding where Nandini went..
Manik : "Kajal..mai mai nhi jee sakta uske bina..mai uski nafrat seh lunga par uski khamoshi ab bardash nhi ho rahi hai...",.. He said in between his tears while Kajal wasn't understanding anything...
She picked out her phone from her pocket..and left manik for a while...and went outside to call someone...while manik was busy in cursing himself..
Kajal : " yes Mr.shah..I want all the details..in next 10 minutes..do whatever you want to..but I want positive answer ..and your time starts now..."..she instructed in a stern voice ..when after canceling the call she came back in her room..she found manik beating himself...
He was slapping on his face...with immense intensity...Kajal was shocked...
She ran towards manik..held his hand and shouted...
Kajal : "pagal ho Gaye ho kya tum?..".. She shouted in high peak voice...
Manik : " han...ho gaya hoon mai pagal.."..he also retorted back..in full anger...but this anger was for himself only...he was in rage...
He start throwing things of the room..he even broke the guitar ...his favorite guitar...and Kajal was looking at him with great misery and shock..she had never witness this side of manik...and now she understood how much lonely he is.. And why Nandini sent her to manik..as Nandini knew manik need someone.. And that someone can only be KAJAL..
Screen Freeze on Kajal's helpless face..and Manik's angry plus hurt face..