Ch 2: Crazy Town

Amelia's POV

Here's the thing, life is truly unpredictable. One minute, you're cruising down the highway, the next you're taking the backroads. Like, I never thought I would be an addict, or have a baby, but I did, and the only reason for this, is life.

I just finished a craniotomy on a 44 year old man who believes that I implanted something in his brain that's going to kill him. Whatever. I've had enough crazy for one day, so I'm going home to eat popcorn and watch terrible reality shows. I hand my patient's chart to the night nurse and go to the locker room to change. Callie's getting ready to go home as well.

"Hey." I say with a tired, monotone voice.

"Hi. long day?" She asks in almost the same tone.

I sigh. "Oh, like the longest day ever."

"Same."

---------------------------------------------

I throw my stuff in the backseat of my car, and I'm about to open the driver's door, when I hear a scream. I look around and see some very small figures in the bushes straight ahead. I run over and find two, maybe ten year old girls. One of them is crying.

"Are you two okay?" I ask, panting.

"We we're just playing in our tree house and we wanted to run in the trees, but then it got dark, and we couldn't find home anymore." One of them says.

"Okay, I'm Amelia, I'm going to help you, what are your names?"

"I'm Kaylee, and that's Emma." She points to the one who's crying.

She starts breathing very heavily.

"Are you okay? I'm a doctor, can I help you?"

She tries to talk, but looses her breath, so I help anyway. I take my phone out my pocket and shine it in her eyes. Both pupils are the same. Her breaths are uneven, and when I look a little more, I find the problem. There's a tree branch impaling her chest.

"Okay Emma, you're going to be fine." I assure her.

I page Owen, Arizona, and Meredith, then I sit and wait, holding her hand, preying that someone will get here soon.

Since school has started, and this is a new book, updates will be once a week. Probably in the middle of the week, and if I have a chapter that I'm excited about, maybe I'll post it earlier. Anyways, I always appreciate feedback, and input. Thanks!!