Ch 11: Bittersweet

Amelia's POV

Edwards looks at me with a confused expression. I push past her to look at his face. He looks exactly like Owen. If I hadn't just seen him, I would have thought that this was Owen.

"Okay. Edwards, book an OR, no time for a head CT, we're going right up."

---------------------------------------------

Meredith's POV

I have the day off, so I'm spending time with my kids. Zola is trying to teach Bailey how to play soccer, and Ellis is giggling in the leaves. She's one now, and she's starting develop a personality. I start to rake up another pile, when my phone buzzes. I take it out of my pocket.

"Hello?"

"Meredith? It's April. Owen's stats are gradually dropping. It's near the end, and Amelia's in surgery. Could you come and keep him company?"

"Of course. I'll be right over." I press end call.

"Hey guys! We're gonna go to daycare for awhile!" I pack a bag and we head to the hospital.

I walk into Owen's room and sit down beside him.

"So this is it, huh?" He asks.

"I guess. I always thought that it would be me, with Alzheimer's, in.....10 years, but it never crossed my mind, that you would go before me, and I sure as hell beer thought that Derek....."

"Meredith. Take care of Amelia for me. Don't let her do anything wreck less. Can you do that?"

"Owen, I'm not going to let you die."

"CAN YOU DO THAT FOR ME?" He grabs my hand.

"IF you die.....yes I will take care of Amelia."

---------------------------------------------

Amelia's POV

"Dr. Shepherd, there's no brain activity." Edwards says.

"No. He's not going to die." I state.

"Dr. Shepherd-"

"EDWARDS!" I scream.

"He's and organ donor. A perfect match for Owen." Edwards explains.

I sigh. How could ALL of this have happened?

"Dr. Shepherd, we need to decide now, or else the organs won't be viable."

My mind is racing a mile a minute. Why does everything in my life have to be so complicated?!

"Uh....yes. Yes. Lets go. Page Dr. Pierce."