Ch 18: Memories

Amelia's POV

My wedding day is approaching fast! I already have my dress. Arizona, Callie, Meredith, and Maggie are my bridesmaids, April is my wedding planner, and Addison is my maid of honour. It's crazy to think that in a week, I'll be Amelia Shepherd-Hunt. As I'm sitting here, thinking of all that I've over come, I'm amazed. I mean, I lost my Dad, then I became a neurosurgeon. I found love, then lost it. I became an addict, and then overcame it.  I lost my baby, and then my brother, but I have an amazing family now. And soon, I'm going to be bound to the love of my life forever.

For as long as I can remember, even when I was little, I thought I knew what love was. I thought that I was going to spend the rest of my life with Ryan. We were going to sober up, get married, have kids, and ride away into the sunset. But now I realize that that's not what love is about. Love is about sacrifice, and being passionate about one another. It shouldn't be about ultimatums, or diamond rings. Love can be what you want it to be.

Owen and I have decided that there would be no exchanging of rings at the wedding, but we will be getting each other signatures engraved into our stethoscopes. Meredith way that it sooo romantic, but we just something simple. Something that we can hold onto, and never let go.

I'm really sorry about the lack of updates, but they should be more regular now!