Ch 16: Engagment Party

Meredith's POV

Amelia and Owen are having their engagement party at my house tonight, and everyone is so excited for them to get married. Ellis is her flower girl, and Addison's so Henry is going to be holding onto the rings.

I'm especially excited because everyone knows what comes after marriage! Babies!! Amelia and Owen will make the most adorable children, and they'll be such great parents.

So far, only Stephanie, Jo, Alex, and I are here, but the others should be coming soon. I'm setting out the food on the table, when I hear Stephanie and Jo fighting. I walk into the living room and they're both holding onto a decoration. Jo starts to speak, but I interrupt her.

"Wilson!, Edwards! Are you five!? Get over it!" Then I walk away. Gosh! Sometimes I feel like my children are more mature than the two of them.

I hear a knock at the door, so I put down the food and go to get it. It's Amelia and Owen.

"Where were you two? It's your party, you're supposed to be here first!" I scold them.

"We were..... Occupied." Amelia says and smiles at Owen.

I just shake my head and continue setting up.

----------------------------------------------

Amelia's POV

The party started a little while ago, and mostly everyone is good and drunk. I'm just having a really good time, but then I realize it. I stop dancing and go into the kitchen. My mother's not here. Her flight was supposed to land almost five hours ago, and she was going to be here at 7. It's 9:30. Owen sees me and starts coming over.

"What's wrong??" He asks.

"My mother-" I'm cut off when the radio station changes to the news.

"Flight 236 heading to Seattle crashed in the Pacific Ocean at 4:57 pm this afternoon. There were many casualties, but no specific number has been released."

I look at Owen. "The plane that my mother was on...... It crashed."