Ch 6: The Dream House

Amelia's POV

Owen and I are house hunting today. We've looked at three houses, but so far no luck.

I just stepped into what seemed to be a nice house from the outside, but was really a disaster. There's mold on the wood plank floor, and there is ugly green carpet everywhere else. We walk into the kitchen to see food up the yellow walls, and a grungy old refrigerator that sounds like a diesel truck. I look at the realtor.

"What is this?" I demand.

"I know it looks a little beaten up now, but you could fix it up and really make it something special."

"Oh please! Don't give me that load of crap. Everyone knows that this house is probably eighty years old, and broken beyond repair. Besides, we told you we didn't want a fixer upper."

"I realize that you said that, but normally my clients fall in love with the idea of making their house unique."

I am so angry. Who does this guy think he is? I look at Owen. He senses that I'm going to snap, and he shakes his head.

But I don't listen. "Okay, well if you ever get into a car accident, or hurt yourself, when you get to the hospital, they can tell you, or maybe your family if your injuries are so bad that you're not even conscious that you have to wait to be treated because the chief of surgery and head of neuro are off, building a house."

He has wide eyes. I think I scared him. "Alright, I guess we can look at some more houses."

---------------------------------------------

When we get outside, Owen pulls me to the side.

"Amelia...." He sighs.

"Owen, I know. But I want our first house to be perfect, and THAT house was......."

"Not perfect at all. I get it." He kisses me on the cheek. "You're really cute when you're mad."

"If you think that was me getting angry, you're in for a treat when I really am." I laugh.

---------------------------------------------

"I really believe that you two are going to like this one." He pauses. "For real."

I hold in a smile, and grab Owen's hand.

It opens up to a huge family room with a real fire place. To the right, through beautiful French doors, is the kitchen with a stainless steel stove and fridge, and marble countertops including an island.

To the left of the family room, is a long hallway with five doors. The first three are bedrooms, and the forth is a bathroom. We open the door to the last one. The master bedroom. Two walk-in closets, a master bathroom with a jacuzzi tub, and the best, a king size bed in the center on the back wall.

"Well I don't know about the basement yet, but this is pretty damn impressing." Owen says.

"And Miss Shepherd, what do you think?" The realtor asks.

A smile spreads across my face. "I think this is our house. Our dream house."

Thanks for all who vote and comment! I really appreciate it! The whole plot of the story will start rolling in in the next two chapters, so enjoy!