Ch 4: The Next Step

This will continue off of the end of season 11.

Amelia's POV

I'm snuggle up next to Owen on Meredith's couch. She just sold the house to a young couple expecting twins. We have to be out by the end of the month. Owen and I have been together for almost 12 weeks. It's not like we've been on a lot of dates or anything, I mean we both work crazy hours. I think it's time that we move in together.

"Owen?" I ask, making sure he's still awake.

"Mmh?"

"Do you want to live with me?"

He adjusts his body so that he can see my face.

"Really?"

"Well ya. We're always at each other's places anyway."

"Okay then. It's settled. We'll start house hunting."

I smile at him and admire his messy red hair. "I love you."

"I know." He grins at me. "And I love you."

---------------------------------------------

Emma just got released from the hospital yesterday. She won't be playing in her treehouse anytime soon, but she's getting better.

I just got on my break, so I head down to the cafeteria. I sit down with Meredith.

"Just so you know, I'm getting a house with Owen, so you don't have to worry about me."

"Aww, Amelia! I'm so happy for you. You really love him?" She asks.

"Ya, I really do."

"I'm glad."

Just then, my pager goes off, along with everyone else's in the cafeteria.

It's the ER. We all run as a mass, and find Owen. He's at the ambulance entrance.

"Okay people, mass casualty. First ambulance is 20 minutes out. There was a fire at a school, and the second floor caved in. I need 7 to go out there and help."

Many, including me put their hands up.

"Alright, Avery, Kepner, Wilson, Edwards, Torrez, Karev, and Grey. Go get ready. Everyone else, get trauma gowns on, and wait."

---------------------------------------------

When the ambulances start coming in, I get in there.

"8 year old female, obvious head lacerations, internal bleeding, and her right pupil is blown." The paramedic says as he lifts the gurney out of the back of the ambulance. I look down at my patient, and when I do, my heart sinks.

It's Sofia.