Ch 15: Heirloom

Owen's POV

"There's one more thing I need to ask you." Amelia says, smiling brilliantly.

"Mhhm?" I reply.

"Marry me."

I freeze. Could this really be happening? The love of my life is asking me to marry her?

Amelia pulls out a watch from her pocket and holds it up in front of me.

I then remember when she told me the story behind it.

"Amelia that's your father's watch, I can't-"

She cuts me off.

"And I have it so I can give it to the love of my life. That's you Owen."

We just sit there in silence for a moment.

"So?" She says. "Will you marry me?"

"Of course I will Amelia. I love you."

She puts the watch on my left wrist, and then kisses me passionately.

I don't know how long this goes on for, but someone clears their throat.

Amelia scowls, but looks back behind her. It's Meredith.

She looks right at me. "I told you I wouldn't let you die." She smiles.

"We'll I guess I'm just not stubborn enough."

She glances at Amelia, then to the watch. "It looks like you'll be the one taking care of Amelia from now on, not me."

"I think I'm okay with that." I pause. "Amelia, you know I love you, but you could really use a shower!"

"Ya, I was thinking the same thing!"

All three of us start to laugh, and in that moment I know that this woman is the one for me.