Ch 9: Visitors

April's POV

I'm running the ER today, and all the beds have been full since 7:00 this morning. There was an accident involving a bus and a transport truck. All of the OR's are full at the moment, so I'm just updating charts, waiting for one to open up, when a blond woman, and an older looking man approach me.

"Excuse me?" The woman asks. "I'm looking for Dr. Amelia Shepherd?"

"She's in surgery right now, but I can page her when she's out." I answer.

"Thank-you. I'm Charlotte by the way, and this is Steve."

I shake their hands. "I'm April."

---------------------------------------------

Amelia's POV

I'm almost done operating on some guy that was in a bus crash. He had a brain bleed, but I found the source and stopped it.

*beep beep*

"Dr. Shepherd, it's your pager. Kepner in the ER." A scrub nurse says.

"Ok, Edwards you can close." I make my way downstairs and find April at the ER desk.

"You paged?" I ask.

"Uh, ya. Charlotte, and Steve are here to see you. There right over there." She points to a group of chairs near the ambulance entrance.

I approach them. "Hi! Dr. Kepner said that you were looking for me?"

They turn around. It's Charlotte King. "Hey. What are you doing here?!" I exclaim.

"Well, I heard about Owen, and I came to check up on you..." She answers.

"Oh, well thanks. But I'm fine. We're fine." I notice the man standing behind her.

"Who's this?" I ask. She turns around.

"Oh! I'm sorry, this is Steve. He's my..... friend."

My eyes dart back and forth between them.

"Charlotte, can I have a word? Please?"

"Excuse us." She says to Steve.

We walk over to the scan room.

"Steve?!" I whisper-yell.

"What about him?"

"What do you mean, what about him? What about Cooper? and Mason? What about the triplets? What are you thinking?!"

She gives me a confused look. "Steve isn't for me, he's for you!"

"What?"

"He's from narcotics anonymous, he's here to help you!"

"You think that since Owens dying, I'm going to do drugs again?!"

"You can never be too careful, Amelia just talk to him. He's really nice, and he gives good advice."

"Fine!" I give her a look.

She laughs. "It's good to see you Amelia."

"You too."

Thank you so much to Spoby_stories for creating Steve!!