Ch 17: Panic

Owen's POV

"The plane that my mother was on.... It crashed." As soon as I hear these words come out of Amelia's mouth, my excited, happy mood immediately turns to panic. I start to remember when my mother recently had her fall in the shower, and how scared I was for her then. But I need to put all of that behind me right now, because Amelia needs me.

"Have you tried calling her?" I ask.

She pulls out her phone and puts it up to her ear after she ideals the number. After a minute, she brings the phone back down and ends the call.

"Nothing. She always answers her phone!" Amelia says frustratedly.

By now, mostly everyone has noticed and they've stopped talking.

"Does anyone know what hospital they're going to?" Jackson asks.

"Seattle Press. I just got off the phone with them, they're not releasing names yet." Edwards replies.

"We wanna help." Arizona adds.

"You have had way to much to drink, you aren't going anywhere." Meredith tells her.

"You two aren't going by yourself either." April says. "Owens had a couple drinks as well, and Amelia's to distracted to drive. I'll go with you."

"Okay. Let's go then." I say, and lead Amelia to the door.

----------------------------------------------

When we get to Seattle Press, it's crazy. There's so many panicking family members and injured victims.

We go up to a nurse. "Did you have anyone by the last name Shepherd come in from the plane crash?" April asks.

She starts searching it up on the computer. Then she looks up. "Sorry, no."

"Were they taking patients to other hospitals?" Amelia asks.

"No, but the ones that were pronounced dead at the scene were not brought to the hospital. I'm sorry."

Amelia draws in a sharp breath. I squeeze her hand. "Thank you." I say and then we turn around.

Amelia looks up at me, and her eyes well up with tears. "What if she drowned? What if she died Owen?"

"No. Amelia, don't talk about that, we don't know anything yet, she don't skip to any conclusions."

She sighs angrily and wipes her tears away.

Then her phone starts to ring.

"Oh my-" She answers it. "MOM!?"

Then she starts to laugh. She looks at April and I. "She missed her plane." She explains. "She's okay!"

I breathe in a sigh of relief, and welcome Amelia into my arms. She's okay. I'm okay. We're all okay.

Thank you so much for the votes and comments, and even just reading! It's greatly appreciated!