Chapter Three

It as the day after Ainsley and Cal had spent the evening together. Leoni had been after details the second she woke the next morning. "Look, nothing happened between us Leo. It was just talking," Ainsley said. Leoni rolled her eyes.

"Yeah right. You wanted to kiss him," Leoni told her.

"I did. But he won't like me in that way," Ainsley said.

"You don't know unless you ask. Ask to meet him today and tell him how you feel," Leoni said.

Ainsley found herself agreeing. She text Cal as soon as she got off the phone with Leoni. It wasn't long until he replied

Sure. I'm at the Hospital - Cal.

Ainsley smiled and looked at Madison who was looking around with intrest. She had taken a few weeks off of University to make sure Madison was better. As she was ahead in her studies she could afford to take the time.

Madison's childminder had called in sick so Ainsley was taking her to Leoni's. "If you two don't kiss today then I'm kidnapping Madison," Leoni said. Ainsley rolled her eyes.

"Yeah course Leo,"

"I will Ainsley. I'm telling you that now," Leoni told her. Ainsley grinned and handed Madison's carseat to Leoni before leaving.

Ainsley drove to the hospital. Her hands were shaking but she knew it would be fine. Her and Cal would remain friends no matter what.

She entered the hospital and went up to reception.

"I'm looking for Doctor Knight," Ainsley said. The male nurse smiled and led her down the corridor that Cal was. Ainsley saw him with another girl. She eavesdropped on him.

"I'm sorry. I can't be with you," the girl said. Cal sighed and took hold of her hand.

"I had a feeling this would happen. Its him isn't it?" Cal asked. The girl nodded.

"I'm sorry."

Ainsley saw the girl walking off so she showed herself to Cal. "Who's that?" Ainsley asked. Cal smiled.

"Some girl. We were close but she doesn't like me," Cal told her. Ainsley frowned.

"So, you were seeing us both?"

"No. I was seeing you both as friends. I liked her and was going to ask her out. I called her in. But she doesn't like me. She likes someone else. Admittedly, I liked you two, but I was scared you would say no," Cal admitted. Ainsley smiled slightly.

The girl was Jordan. Jordan walked to reception to find Max.

"Hi Max. Do you know where Doctor Ethan Hardy is?" Jordan asked.

"I'll go find him. If you want to wait in the counselling room," Max said. Jordan nodded and sat on the sofa in the counselling room. Her hands were shaking. Ethan came in.

"Is everything okay?" Ethan asked.

"You know the way I told you I loved your brother?" Jordan asked. Ethan nodded. "I don't love him. I love you."

Ethan was shocked. "You love me?" He asked. Jordan nodded.

"Yes, I do. I feel a connection between us. If that sounds insane," Jordan replied. Ethan smiled.

"Let's go on a date tonight," Ethan suggested. Jordan smiled.

"I'd love too," Jordan said.

Ainsley went looking for the girl. She saw her walking down the corridor. "Hey, you know Cal right?" Ainsley asked.