Chapter Eighteen

Ainsley hadn't spoken to Cal in a while. She was missing him but she couldn't forget how he said he was in love with Taylor.

Sam had been staying with Ainsley to help her with the kids. Cal still had Evie and Layla but somehow, Madi never wanted to go. Ainsley could see that it was hurting Cal as he raised Madison from a baby.

That morning, Ainsley woke and felt someone stroking her inner thigh. At first she thought it was Cal, but then she remembered it was Sam. "Morning."
Ainsley smiled and kissed him. "Morning. Where are the kids?"
"Sleeping. Not that I blame them," Sam said. He took off Ainsley's underwear and smiled. "You're gorgeous and you're much better off without this Cal."
Ainsley never said anything. She missed Cal. Sam tried to have sex with her. Ainsley pushed him away.
"I better check on the kids," Ainsley said.

Jordan woke beside Iain. He smiled and kissed her.
"We need to go to see Ainsley today and make sure she's okay," Jordan said. Iain nodded.
"Cal doesn't ask about her," Iain said. He couldn't understand why Cal was treating Ainsley that way.
"He's a moron."
"Yeah."

Ainsley gave Madi and Evie some breakfast. She smiled as they ate it slowly. "Mummy, when Cal come home?" Madi asked
"I-I don't know sweetie."
"Me miss him woads."
Sam had walked in. "Don't you like it when I'm here ?"
"Es but me miss Cal," Madi said.
"What's wrong with me?" Sam asked. Madi began to cry. She got up and ran off.

Ainsley glared at Sam.
"Piss off," she said. Sam left. Ainsley held her girls. When they finished she took them upstairs. Madi was crying in the playroom. She let the girls play there while she talked to Madi.
"Madi, mummy and Cal aren't together anymore."
"Why?"
Ainsley sighed. "Because Cal loves someone else."
"Can me still see him?"
"If you want to."

Jordan and Iain arrived at Ainsley's. Ainsley let them in. "Ains?"
"I-I miss him," Ainsley sobbed.
Jordan held Ainsley tightly. She had an idea.
"Let's show that scum bag what he's missing," Jordan said. She took Ainsley upstairs to her room. Iain was minding the kids in the playroom.

Jordan got out Ainsley's makeup and Ainsley's sexiest outfit.
"I can't do it."
"Yes you can," Jordan told Ainsley. Jordan began to do Ainsley's hair and then went on to do her makeup.

Jordan and Ainsley went to the ED. Ainsley was worrying about how she looked. "You look fine chick."
"Really?"
Jordan nodded and smiled. "You look a million quid."

Ainsley and Jordan saw Cal. He was whistling. "Hi Cal."
"Jordan. A-Ainsley?"
Ainsley smiled and walked off. She saw Sam. "You look amazing."
"Thanks."

Cal was shocked at what he saw. He hadn't seen Ainsley dressed like that in so long. He went to find her. "Hey gorgeous."
"Caleb."
Cal groaned.  Ainsley only ever called Cal 'Caleb' when they were having sex. "I miss you."
"Really?"
"Yeah baby. I miss holding you in my arms."
Ainsley nodded. "Such a shame you're with Taylor then. Otherwise I'd let you in," she whispered.

Ainsley walked off. She felt sassy and she liked it. She could tell that Cal was watching her. Everyone in ED was watching her. She liked it.

Jordan and Iain were playing with Madi and the girls. They were all aware that something was going on between Cal and their mummy. They didn't know what.

Ainsley went to grab a coffee. "Can I have a caramel latte?"
"Sure. You're looking amazing today," the barrista said. He often flirted with Ainsley. "New dress sense?"
"Kinda. I'm trying to get my man back."

Cal went to see Jordan and Iain. "Is there anything wrong with Ainsley? She's dressing all sexy," Cal said. Not that he minded.
"I heard she's trying to win someone back."
"Who?"
Jordan rolled her eyes. "That doesn't matter who. The point is, she still loves that guy and she hopes that he loves her too," she said.
"Let me guess, its Sam. She's always had a thing for him," Cal said. He was being a bit dumb and not realising that Ainsley wanted him back.

Jordan watched as Cal walked off. "He's an idiot and if Ainsley was to stay with Sam then he'd deserve it," she mumbled.
"Er, didn't you want Cal at first?"
"Yes. But then I realised that Ethan was the one but he's not anymore because you're my number one."

Ainsley was standing with Sam. He was running his hand up and down her back. "You look amazing."
"Thanks. I'm glad someone is appreciative," she mumbled. She was heartbroken at how Cal was acting.
Iain went over to Cal.
"You ass," Iain said.
"Huh?"
"Ainsley was trying to get you back."
Cal swore and ran to find Ainsley.

Cal ran to Ainsley's house. He rang the doorbell. Ainsley opened it.
"Cal?" Ainsley said. Cal walked up to her and kissed her.
Ainsley kissed back. "I want you back."
"What about Taylor?"
"Sod her!"
Ainsley grinned and as Cal closed the door, he lifted Ainsley so she wrapped her legs around his waist.

Jordan went to check on Madi and the kids. She went into the creche and saw Madi fitting on the floor. "Madi!"
Iain ran in and saw what was happening. He got her in the recovery position. "Madi come on baby."

Connie had gotten Madi into Resus. She began running the important checks on her granddaughter. "Come on Madi. Mummy needs you," Jordan said.

Connie had sent the test results up to the lab and she wanted to get them back immediately. Eventually they came back. Connie opened them and felt her heart shatter.

Connie went to inform Jordan. "Madi has a brain tumor," Connie said.

Jordan knew then that she had to tell Ainsley and Cal. They could lose Madison.

Ainsley and were Cal were making out passionately. It was getting extremely heated. The phone rang. Cal answered it. He paled.
"It's Madi... We might lose her."
Ainsley and Cal's world fell apart in that split second.