Chapter Nine

Cal was shocked. "You're pregnant?" Cal asked. Ainsley nodded.

"Yeah, I found out this morning," Ainsley replied. Cal smiled and kissed her.

"You are amazing," Cal said. Ainsley grinned.

Jordan and Ethan were cuddled up in bed together. "Think Ainsley's okay?" Jordan asked. Ethan nodded.

"She's tough."

Jordan smiled and kissed Ethan.

"I love you. Always remember that," Jordan said. Ethan smiled.

"I know you do," he said.

Jordan was worried in case Ethan found out that Iain loved her.

Cal and Ainsley were making out when Ethan and Jordan went downstairs.

"Ready for work?" Cal asked them. Jordan shrugged. Ainsley knew something was wrong with her.

"Er, we'll catch you up," Ainsley said. Cal nodded and he left with Ethan.

"Right talk to me," Ainsley said. Jordan felt like crying.

"I'm scared Ethan is going to leave me and I'm scared Iain will make a move on me," Jordan admitted. Ainsley smiled.

"Ethan won't leave you. He loves you too much," Ainsley said. Jordan sighed.

"Promise?"

"I promise."

Cal and Ethan were standing in the reception. Connie walked over to them. "Where's my daughter today?" Connie asked. Cal smirked, he was trying to refrain from making an inappropriate comment.

"She's talking with Jordan," Cal said. Connie nodded and saw Jordan and Ainsley walking in.

Dixie and Iain were waiting on Jordan. Ainsley smiled at Jordan reassuringly. Jordan took a deep breath and went over.

"Nibbles, Ainsley and I are going out to dinner so you have the house to yourself," Cal said. Ethan smiled.

"That's good. Get rid of you for a while," Ethan joked.

"You love me Nibbles," Ainsley said. Ethan smirked.

"Don't you call me Nibbles," Ethan warned. Ainsley smiled as Madison tried to say Nibbles. "Oh just great."

Jordan felt anxious being in the ambulance with Iain. Things were tense between them. "How's Poppy?" Dixie asked. Jordan smiled.

"She's great thank you."

Ainsley was the new ED receptionist. Cal was watching her chewing a pen and talking to a patient.

Cal smirked at Ainsley. Ainsley blew him a kiss. Ethan made a puking face which made Ainsley laugh.

Jordan and Iain were in the back of an ambulance with a patient. Dixie was driving.

"I'm not going to do anything. I'd appreciate it if you stopped acting like it," Iain said.

"But you said you loved me," Jordan said.

"Doesn't mean I'm going to try to kiss you," Iain said. Dixie pulled up and Iain got the patient out. Jordan felt bad

Jordan climbed out the ambulance and went to see Ainsley. "I've messed up," Jordan said. Ainsley smiled.

"I'm sure you've not. Ethan won't find out," Ainsley told her.

"I have, Iain hates me," Jordan said. She was almost crying.

Cal and Ethan were busy. "Stop sending Ainsley dirty texts," Ethan said.