Chapter twenty

Masons PoV

I hold an exhausted Tim in my arms and try to reassure him it'll be ok. "It won't she's mad and will do anything to hurt me" he tells me sadly and it breaks my heart further. "What do you want" Damon demands. "Want? Oh nothing except to kill you all. You see I knew dopey there would eventually find a mate so I built up my hunters and he led me straight to you lot. If I had of known those two dweebs over there were wolves I would have gotten to you sooner but they were good at hiding it. Josh and Laney are the best and they didn't even sniff out those puppies. Never mind I always had the fag for my guarantee and here we are. I have him, your mates and these little weaklings to kill. Afterward you will all drop like flies" if she thinks that's going to be a reality she really has lost her marbles.

"You can blame him, he is the reason for your families being killed. He's the reason for you being killed just like he's the reason his daddy got killed. He was always useless and we all know if you weren't stuck with him you would have run away and left him from the start" she shouts out. I hear Tim whimpering and I want to murder this bitch. Just then we hear "ouch, you little fucker" from one of the hunters. Next our beautiful daughters voice fill the air "no, my dad is the best, you shut up, I hate you, your the bad one mother" "shut it up, I've had enough of its stupid voice to last me a lifetime. Dad? Ha, how precious, I told you your the same as him you little witch, no good and it's all you'll ever be" their mother says to our princess.

The only response Tori is giving is muffled noises but it doesn't stop her fighting spirit. Tim gets out of my arms, seemingly fully recovered and walks toward his mother "you say what the fuck you want to me but leave her out of it" he spits in rage. "Or what? You puny streak of misery what will you do be the cause of my death too, how drool. Get back to your mate before I have my hunter snap her neck" not wanting that to happen Tim comes back to me and I reclaim him in my arms. I know I can keep him safe here.

Suddenly our link reopens 'Parker and Keith are here with backup. Jace is too far out to call. She has the pups and our mates cornered so we have to be tactical about this' Damon tells us all. 'Parker here, she has approximately one hundred and fifty, to, two hundred hunters surrounding your pack house. They are obviously waiting on a command. We have them surrounded, when we attack she'll know so be ready to jump into action. Good luck' he says.

'You heard him, Tim, Rory and Mason look after each other, go for her and for the love of the goddess get rid of her. Dante you and I need to get our mates and rip those traitors limb from limb-' 'but they're just following her orders, can't we lock them-' Lucas asks but is then interrupted 'do you think if they got the chance they will leave you walk out of here. They've been assigned to follow Tim and lead her here so I'm sorry to be harsh but they are not your friends and they die here today. Nobody holds a gun to your heads and lives to tell the tale are we clear little one' he doesn't answer but we all know he understands, that doesn't mean there won't be repercussions from this decision. 'Finally anyone who is available get to the pups, clear?' A chorus of 'yes alpha' can be heard.

Rory is still talking to Tims mother stalling for time. At the sound of the first battle cry from Parker and Keith everything becomes a fast paced blur. Tims mother draws back the arrow and fires it straight toward me and him, I turn my back waiting and hoping to take the arrow in Tims place but I don't feel it. Shit, Rory, I turn in a hurry but see him unharmed and changing into his wolf before he's sprinting toward her. To the left I see Damon and Dante shift, Dante grabbing for Lacey and Damon for Josh but he's about two steps further away from him than Dante is from Lacey. Josh has enough time in that spilt second to pull the trigger but before the silver bullet hits him John pulls him from behind allowing Damon to get to josh killing him instantly. I hear a whimper and know it's my brother.

Tims head shoots up and when we see the arrow sticking out of Rory's leg he growls viciously and shifts. In my own rage I join him, we take off avoiding or killing hunters along the way. By this time Luka and Lucas along with their mates have shifted and have joined the fight. I mentally sigh in relief when I notice them kill the hunters who were holding our daughter and brother, Tori and Bastion. They swiftly rescue them and the hunters all around are going down one by one. I can hear gun shots ringing out and some pain filled howls but my focus is on Rory and Tim.

When we get to him I'm horrified to see that the mad bitch has him by the leg that she shot and is twisting the arrow in it, he's fighting back but the pain is too much for him. Blood boiling, I jump on her back and grab her throat not realising another hunter is fighting our Tim. I hear him shout through the link 'finish her for me Mason, I love you both' I rip her throat open and her mouth filling with her blood makes a curdling noise. I know she's done finally.

I look at Rory and we nod just as Tim howls out in pain. Our reaction is instant, there is a hunter over him pushing a silver blade into his side, we rush to him but Rhys gets there first and tears the hunter off by his side, he then rips that chunk of flesh away and finishes him by pulling his claws across his throat. The battle is finishing around us and we can hear howls of victory ring out but we don't care. Our mate is unconscious and bleeding.

Rhys changes and takes Rory into his arms, before I can growl at another having my naked brother/mate in their arms he says, "beta get your other mate we need to get them to the infirmary" this snaps me out of my daze and I'm up taking him with me carefully. As I pass the spot we were standing in before this all kicked off I notice Nick, he's hunched on the ground crying over someone, I look at who is under him and stop in shock. Paul is lying there and it's clear he is dead, what gets to me more is he's got a silver tipped arrow sticking out of his chest right where his heart is. And it's then I know with great sadness, that Paul, one of our best friends and trusted warriors, Nicks twin, gave up his life for me and Tim.