Chapter twenty one

Tims PoV

"..up, please. Cutie..need... up" I hear through a fog in my mind. Am I dreaming or what, I can hear my mates begging me to wake up, I'm awake aren't I? My limbs feel heavy and my mind is fuzzy so I fight against the feelings. "..twitched.. I.. It" my hearing is dipping in and out but Rory sounds so upset so I keep fighting. I will my hand to move "yes, babe your doing it come on just concentrate on my voice and come back to us" I hear that full sentence from Mason.

This is hard work I feel like there is a boulder sitting on my body but I'm going to get to my mates if it kills me. I concentrate on my eyes, if I can't get my body going just yet I want to see them at least. I will myself in my mind chanting 'open, I want to see them' over and over, eventually I see a small sliver of light, slowly I start to blink rapidly adjusting to the light, my eyes burn but it's easing the more I pry them open.

When I finally get them open I see my handsome mates and friends staring at my hand, nobody even noticed I am awake yet. "I'm telling you he twitched his fingers" Rory is protesting with a pout. He looks so adorable I internally chuckle, my body must have reacted because everyone's eyes turn to me automatically. They gasp in shock but it fades quickly and I'm bombarded with kisses to each of my cheeks from my mates "thank the goddess, we missed you so much, We love you, are you ok?" Are the statements and questions thrown at me.

"Guys ease up a bit I need to check him" a man in white who I presume is the doctor says and the boys growl possessively. I still can't move so I give Luka a look asking him to deal with them. "Rory, Mason, just let doc do his check up, you don't have to leave just move out of his way please. He won't harm Tim ok" he says gently knowing how they are going to be overprotective of me for a while. Mason points a finger in the doctors face "not one hair, I mean it, not one hair is to be hurt or I'll-" I've had enough of that carrying on so with the little strength I have I grunt at him.

He looks at me stunned and I throw him an icy glare that stops his speech. I look at him then the doc until he gets it "sorry doc" he says like a scolded child. They move two steps from either side of me until they look at my expression, then they finally give the man some room to move around. As the doc is checking me out I realise I can't move or talk at all, I feel like I'm stuck in my head and I don't like it.

He turns to the others "ok he still can't move or talk. The loss of his voice is from when the hunter was choking him and he sprinkled flakes of silver into his open mouth. The lack of use in his limbs is from when the blade that the hunter used, it broke away at the tip close to his spine, where it stopped after being pierced through his side. We have already determined that he will indeed walk again and this lack of movement could be a side effect from the operation to remove the tip. On the other hand we are still unsure if we removed enough silver in time to save his vocal cords but by the sound of that weak grunt it looks like he has a chance to talk again. It will take time and rehab but I am still not guaranteeing anything. Beside this, once he regains his limb function he can go home" he leaves then and the others follow, leaving just my twins behind.

All this happened to me? I'm finding this hard to hear, I might never talk again, what good is a beta to his pack if he can't talk. I had a risk of never moving again also, I just want to cry. "Shh, it's ok cutie, shh don't cry" Rory says attaching himself to my side while Mas comes to my other. I didn't realise I actually did cry until they pointed it out. "Mind link my love, remember we still have mind link" Mason whispers in my ear.

As soon as he reminded me I'm relieved that I can still communicate with the other wolves at least. I flood them with thoughts 'what will I do? I can't help be a beta in this state, Tori doesn't have our link she will be taken away from us if she has a mute father. What happened to that bitch I call mother, what happened to Josh and Laney, what-' "woah babe calm down. That worrying is not good for you, we will explain everything you want to know but for now we just need to hold you. You've been unconscious since that day, that was three weeks ago and our wolves have been pining for you so please try to relax and get better. After we get you home we will clear everything up" Mason tells me.