Chapter 6

Pic of Jason and Alex's pool at night. Imagine it fits in the backyard. It's beautiful.

6th January, 2024 - Sydney, Australia

Jason

NEWS - Justin Bieber and daughter Jade Bieber-McCann have both been spotted eating at McDonalds's and shopping in Sydney.

My eyes widen. What?! They're here?! I almost fell off the lounge.

"Hey daddy, can we go meet the new people next door now?" Jake had walked in and asked. I shook out of my thoughts. "Uh of course." I said. He smiled excitedly. "Yay!"

I got up off the lounge and turned off the tv. Walking to the front door. I looked into the mirror that was placed there above the table of keys. Hmm, yeah. I look presentable. I was wearing a grey adidas t-shirt and with black shorts. My hair was fine. I went to the shoe rack and slipped on a pair of thongs.

"Jake c'mon!" I yelled standing at the front door. "Coming!" He relplied back. I opened the door to be met with the heat hitting my face. Woah. It's hot and it's only 11:45am. Ugh summer.

Jake came running down the stairs in a white t-shirt and blue shorts. "What were you doing little man?" I asked ruffling his hair as he walked past and out the door. "Had had to use the bathroom and had to find my thongs." He replied. I chuckled. Okay.

"Daddy, do you reckon they'll be nice?" He asked. I looked down to see he was looking back. "Of course." I smiled. He nodded smiling.

"Okay knock." I said. He knocked and stepped back. He knocked again and reply. "Maybe they're sleep son. Or they're not here." I said. "Okay but can we come later?" He asked. "Yeah." He smiled and we walked down the verandah steps.

We walked to our driveway to see Alex pulling in. He stopped the car and got out. "Uncle Alex!" Jake screamed running up to him. "Koala!" Alex greeted. "Hey bro." I said. "Hey, did you meet the new people next door?" He asked. I shook my head. "Nah no one was home. But we'll try later."

"I got the pasta for tonight." Alex informed. Which made Jake grin brightly, he loved pasta. Any pasta. He'll even eat it by itself.

"Why don't you go inside and change? It's quite hot and we should go cool down in the pool before I make us lunch?" Alex had asked Jake. Jake agreed and ran inside.

I helped Alex get the few bags of groceries out of the car, we walked in and the cool air meet my skin. I sighed. "Man, it's so hot." Alex complained. I agreed.

As he was putting away the food, I sat down at the table drinking some water. "So guess who I ran into?" He asked. I looked at him and asked who. "Justin." He answered making me spit out my water on the table. "What?! Really?! Where?!"

He made a face. "That's gross." He said. "Yeah, at Woolworths." He added. "Uh what was he doing at woolies?" I asked. "He said he was grocery shopping for home. He officially moved in last night. But I don't know where." He explained. "AND." He said. "And?" "And he had Jade with him." My heart beated. I took this information in. Wow, so my ex-husband and daughter live in the same city now.

"Wow. I haven't seen him or her in ages." I said sighing. "Jade is really beautiful Jase." He said putting my shoulder and walked out to the back. I smiled.

From where I was sitting I could see through the glass sliding door, seeing Alex quietly walk up to Jake and pick him up. Jake screamed but laughed. Alex ran into the pool with my son in her arms. Making a big splash. They surfaced and Jake was smiling and laughing at Alex's hair. I smiled. He's so happy.

I heard the front door shut. Hearing footsteps walk into the kitchen I looked at the doorway. Kate stepped through with Kieran lightly on her hip. "Hey Jason." Kate greeted. I smiled. "Hey. Hey Bub." I said quickly taking her son out of her arms. "How was the doctors?" I asked as that's where she went. "Uhm okay. Kieran has a stomach bug." She replied, I frowned. "Aww babe. You'll be okay." I said looking down at him. He had hung his arms around my neck.

One thing with both the boys was that if they were sick. They were quiet and cuddly.

"Where's the Alex and Jake?" Kate asked. I pointed to the back. She looked out the window and smiled. "Hey baby boy, do you want to rest or go sit outback with Jake and Daddy?" She asked. He pointed outback. I placed him on his feet. Kate handed him 3 water bottles and he ventured outside to one of the deck chairs.

"So I heard Justin's in town with Jade." Kate said sitting down at the table. I nodded. "Yeah, they moved here." I said. "How do you know?" She asked confused. "Alex ran into him today." "Oh." "And he saw Jade and he said she was so beautiful. I haven't seen her in ages." I whispered, my eyes watery. I've really missed them.

She gave me a sad smiled. "Aww Jase." She said and wrapped her arms around me. I cried silently in her arms. She's the big sister I never had.

🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋

888 words! -not edited-

Oh poor Jase.😔

Who do you think lives next door?

💋S.